Help Me Pick a Device For Work (Coming From Blackberry Z30)

Plummerdc88

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Hello Guys

Haven't done to much activity over here on the AC side of Mobile Nations. I am hoping to be active over here and i am looking for some forum users feedback on what device i should get.

My Story:

Up until now I had been using Blackberry 10 devices pretty much exclusively. I don't want to turn this into a Blackberry 10 bashing thread because i find the ignorance of some users here when taking about Blackberry 10 to be unreal (as well as vice versa on the Crackberry side regarding Android). Recently in my business i have been promoted to spearhead my companies consumer marketing campaigns that will rely heavily on Social Media and Web Design as well as analyzing and reporting on our web analytics and other similar things. Blackberry 10 even with the ability to run android apps does not have strong integration with social media there is no native or even working Facebook Page app, the Facebook app that does exist its terrible, there are no Google apps, nothing. Blackberry 10 is not a strong device for marketeers. It is also worth noting. I spend a lot of time traveling, and it is important these tasks can be easily accomplished on the go. Which is what brings me to Android. I have had android devices in the past and i am familiar with them. With the large selection of devices available i am hoping to get some feedback from forum users on what device i should consider.

My Uses

1) Social Media - As mentioned above, social media is going to become a large part of my job. Managing our social media presence across Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google + etc.

2) Email - My company is an email pig. The amount of emails i field in a given day is a ton Which is what brought me to Blackberry in the first place.

3) Gaming - Playing games on my phone is not that important to me, but i am a young guy, it is something i enjoy to do on occasion when i am waiting for a meeting or just sitting around.

4) Video - Consuming and uploading video is becoming a big part of my day to day work as i begin to manage our YouTube profiles as well as monitor competitor social media. Watching a video is also my go to platform when i want to know how to do something.

5) Communication - I am in constant communication with my fellow co-workers and our customers

6) Web Design - Our website changes almost daily. Its my job to keep it up to date and sometimes i need to do this on the go

Requirements

The following are a few things to consider when i am choosing a phone.

1) price point - I don't want to spend a ton of money, if i can get a device i like for a reasonable price i will be happy

2) expandable memory - is not a must but something i would like

3) must work with WIND mobile - this is where things get tough when picking a device.

Devices I am considering

The following are a few devices i have considered i would love to hear others opinions on which they think i should choose or what their experience is with them. Ill also include some reasons why i like the device.

Huawei Ascend Mate 2 - Works with Wind, Big screen (maybe to big?), Expandable memory, Budget device CON: slow updates? still not on lolipop

OnePlusOne 64 GB Sandstone - Unique and hard to get, quality build, not to expensive, CON: Non expandable

Nexus 6 - Big screen, quality device with awesome specs, future proof?, CON: Way to expensive, or is it worth it?

LG G3 - Awesome UI, quality build and camera CON: would have to buy the T-Mobile version for it to work with WIND

Moto G Second Gen - affordable, easy to get, works with wind

Anyways sorry for the long post. Please let me know your thoughts on which device you would get in my position, or if there are any other devices not listed you might recommend please let me know! Thanks :)

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello Guys

Haven't done to much activity over here on the AC side of Mobile Nations. I am hoping to be active over here and i am looking for some forum users feedback on what device i should get.

My Story:

Up until now I had been using Blackberry 10 devices pretty much exclusively. I don't want to turn this into a Blackberry 10 bashing thread because i find the ignorance of some users here when taking about Blackberry 10 to be unreal (as well as vice versa on the Crackberry side regarding Android). Recently in my business i have been promoted to spearhead my companies consumer marketing campaigns that will rely heavily on Social Media and Web Design as well as analyzing and reporting on our web analytics and other similar things. Blackberry 10 even with the ability to run android apps does not have strong integration with social media there is no native or even working Facebook Page app, the Facebook app that does exist its terrible, there are no Google apps, nothing. Blackberry 10 is not a strong device for marketeers. It is also worth noting. I spend a lot of time traveling, and it is important these tasks can be easily accomplished on the go. Which is what brings me to Android. I have had android devices in the past and i am familiar with them. With the large selection of devices available i am hoping to get some feedback from forum users on what device i should consider.

My Uses

1) Social Media - As mentioned above, social media is going to become a large part of my job. Managing our social media presence across Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google + etc.

2) Email - My company is an email pig. The amount of emails i field in a given day is a ton Which is what brought me to Blackberry in the first place.

3) Gaming - Playing games on my phone is not that important to me, but i am a young guy, it is something i enjoy to do on occasion when i am waiting for a meeting or just sitting around.

4) Video - Consuming and uploading video is becoming a big part of my day to day work as i begin to manage our YouTube profiles as well as monitor competitor social media. Watching a video is also my go to platform when i want to know how to do something.

5) Communication - I am in constant communication with my fellow co-workers and our customers

6) Web Design - Our website changes almost daily. Its my job to keep it up to date and sometimes i need to do this on the go

Requirements

The following are a few things to consider when i am choosing a phone.

1) price point - I don't want to spend a ton of money, if i can get a device i like for a reasonable price i will be happy

2) expandable memory - is not a must but something i would like

3) must work with WIND mobile - this is where things get tough when picking a device.

Devices I am considering

The following are a few devices i have considered i would love to hear others opinions on which they think i should choose or what their experience is with them. Ill also include some reasons why i like the device.

Huawei Ascend Mate 2 - Works with Wind, Big screen (maybe to big?), Expandable memory, Budget device CON: slow updates? still not on lolipop

OnePlusOne 64 GB Sandstone - Unique and hard to get, quality build, not to expensive, CON: Non expandable

Nexus 6 - Big screen, quality device with awesome specs, future proof?, CON: Way to expensive, or is it worth it?

LG G3 - Awesome UI, quality build and camera CON: would have to buy the T-Mobile version for it to work with WIND

Moto G Second Gen - affordable, easy to get, works with wind

Anyways sorry for the long post. Please let me know your thoughts on which device you would get in my position, or if there are any other devices not listed you might recommend please let me know! Thanks :)

The note 4 and you will love the s pen

Posted via the Android Central App

Plummerdc88

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I've been watching some reviews of the Note 4 and overall it's an impressive device. The thing is I am just not a fan of the way TouchWiz looks. I had a S3 a few years ago and I remember thinking the same thing. Although the SPen does seem like a valuable tool I'd like to have. When comparing the Note 4 with the OnePlus One. I find the software of the OnePlus One the be overall more attractive. Right now I am trying to pick one between the two

vjh425

May 8, 2014
Visit site
You could always use something like Nova Launcher to lessen the appearance of TouchWiz. I've been doing that with my S5.
d34ba9b5599aba18b7e6df36d746e90e.jpg

Plummerdc88

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
That is very true. Thanks for the tip. The only other thing to consider is that the OnePlus One is significantly less expensive. But I maybe willing to pay the premium price of the Note 4 if I think it's the right fit

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma