Visit site
Ask your self
What do we use our phone for ??
And what is the perfect Phone ?
I put this to a Panel of university students and here is what the results were
They think People buy phones as a Fastion statement to stand out
They think People buy them as there mates and frends have one
and it has to be able to have all the social sites on
some can not see the point of some of the new phones as most are only used for facebook or whats app and selfies
Most have no idea what cpu is on or what firmware is one
In a class of 100 students there was One that was a phone expert and had a Samsung S5 the other had a veriaty of devices
But they did agree that is there any need for a phone that has all this power if it spends 80% of its life answering calls
so i took my old Galaxy S along and this one lass said it was sweet and liked the slide door covering the usb
this will probs explain the slow down in sales, were a Apples are growing so some one is doing things right
But when asked what is the Ultimate phone, they listed every thing
and with a special case the S5 came the nearest just on spec and features that are practical with the LG G3 secound, the rest and one thing missing
One lad hit the nail on the head and came up with a Idea that is not far off
a Tablet that has the cellular link and it connects to a watch and that does all the calles, every thing else he uses his tablet
Now i asked them how many have tablets OHHHHHHHH BOY was that a Differant story they all had
These are 18 to 20 year old students the next Phone purchases that well don't see the point :confused:
all they need is Data and they will use any thing. one lass had a ipad and it was stollen so she got a $100 e-pad and she loves it as its been dropped and stiil works and its on Gingerbraed
they did agree that the Camera is a good thing but one lass had a Panasonic Lumix as she also was studying photography and it was powered by android her phone was a $20 Nokia that tethered
So is there any need to realy upgrade ??
Before answering just ask others you may be supprised

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
What do we use our phone for ??
Mine is a small Linux box that can also do phone calls and texts.

And what is the perfect Phone ?
The one I design. There's always something missing or wrong on any other phone. (Ara may fix that problem.)

They think People buy phones as a Fastion statement to stand out
My definition of formal wear is "Clean". If I'm not wering jeans, I'm wearing denim shorts. My phone isn't part of my wardrobe.

They think People buy them as there mates and frends have one
If everyone has a phone, it's not because everyone has a phone. Correlation isn't causation.

and it has to be able to have all the social sites on
Sites? Websites? Any web-connected browser has the entire web on it.

some can not see the point of some of the new phones as most are only used for facebook or whats app and selfies
And some cars are only used for grocery shopping.

Most have no idea what cpu is on or what firmware is one
Or how the phone system uses touch tones, or what a backhaul is. But an art history student knows a lot more about Van Gogh than I do. (Does the average driver know the significance of timing in an engine? No, we use a lot of things we aren't experts about. Sagan said that, even though society depends on science and technology, most people know nothing about science or technology.)

In a class of 100 students there was One that was a phone expert and had a Samsung S5 the other had a veriaty of devices
But they did agree that is there any need for a phone that has all this power if it spends 80% of its life answering calls
so i took my old Galaxy S along and this one lass said it was sweet and liked the slide door covering the usb
this will probs explain the slow down in sales, were a Apples are growing so some one is doing things right
Steve Jobs and John Smith had one thing in common - they could sell ocean water to fish.

they did agree that the Camera is a good thing but one lass had a Panasonic Lumix as she also was studying photography and it was powered by android her phone was a $20 Nokia that tethered
So is there any need to realy upgrade ??
I have a Motorola V-551. Still works. The original batteries are still good. It's over 10 years old. It doesn't run apps. So if I need something in my pocket to keep in contact, and nothing else, that's what goes with me.

I have a Samsung Precedent. It could probably hold 10 or 20 more apps than it comes with. It's not worth selling, because I could make more money fixing one phone.

My Note 3? I probably won't upgrade it for quite a few years.

But if you want to see the level of people who answer these questions in university, go to Texts From Last Night. Book smart in their fields maybe. But the fact that Steven Hawking has no idea how Android works doesn't make him not one of the finest minds on the planet.

Northern.dj

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
well we have issued a list of spec and told them to find the phone that has the most using GSM area
and the winner was the Samsung S5
But at the Moment that is avalable the most powerful is the LG G3 now if that had water proofing then it would of topped the S5
but the most common use is
1. Social Networking
2. SMS
3. Emails
4. Camera
5. Phone calls
Now all those are covered by every smart phones out there
But the Camera seems to be the main, but i have a DSL camera powered by Android veriant
So what about the rest well Games are in there but there covered now by a rise in Tablet games
So we have challange a group of students to use a Tablet tethered to a phone and not use the phone
One group are using a Feature phone and a Tablet
Just to see what happend ... Well Nothing differant onece they figuared out how to comunicat via the tablet
the Tablet and feature phone needed a wifi connection well that was used with Hotspots and they were sorted
The challange did not fase them ?
So do we need to spend masses amounts on smart phones ?

CBreen28

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Put the boom sound speakers on the note 4 with lollipop and it's the perfect phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech