Mobile processors are powerful/fast enough!!!!

Billy95Tech

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Nvidia Tegra, Snapdragon, Apple don't NEED to make there mobile CPU faster and better every single year because there is not many apps, games who taking advantage of the power of the new Snapdagon 810 and new Tegra CPU and Apple A8X and at the moment the power is being wasted to be honest.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 and it has the Snapdragon 800 CPU and it is fast, zippy and powerful enough for tasks like video editing and heavy gaming

But do i think it should and needs to be more powerful and faster? NO because it is already powerful/fast enough!

And i think Nvidia, Snapdragon should wait every 2/3 years to release a new CPU which is more powerful/faster Because the new CPU's Snapdragon 810, Tegra, A8X is powerful and fast enough And they are getting as powerful as the I3, I5, I7 Core CPU..

But i am sure over time lots more apps, games will be taking advantage of the power of the new Snapdagon 810 and new Tegra CPU, Apple's A8X but i think they should wait every 2/3 years to release a new CPU which is powerful/faster instead of releasing a new CPU evey single year.

It makes PERFECT SENSE to make CPU's more powerful for tablets because you will use tablets for heavy demanding tasks like video editing, heavy gaming but for phones all you do is on a phone is calling, texting, some very light web surfing, gaming so even the Snapdragon 200/400 and Apple's A5/6 is enough for that kind of stuff.

So what do you guys think? It be great to know your thoughts about this! :)

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Nvidia Tegra, Snapdragon, Apple don't NEED to make there mobile CPU faster and better every single year because there is not many apps, games who taking advantage of the power of the new Snapdagon 810 and new Tegra CPU and Apple A8X and at the moment the power is being wasted to be honest.

Technology works and strives to get better, faster, etc. -- Not stay in the same spot. Regardless if software is catching up or not. That is how it is -- That way when software catches up .. Hardware is fully up to par already (or past it) :).

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't see the problem with it being made faster. They're also becoming far more efficient, which is great. If it were at the cost of efficiency, then maybe I'd agree, but right now we are getting both :D

MinhJWaterman

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
i think Nvidia, Snapdragon should wait every 2/3 years to release a new CPU which is more powerful/faster Because the new CPU's Snapdragon 810, Tegra, A8X is powerful and fast enough And they are getting as powerful as the I3, I5, I7 Core CPU..
If it is more powerful/faster then you go ahead.....!!!!

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I'd love to see more effort put into power management, these faster processors are outpacing battery technology
Most newer processors are comparable or superior to their predecessors in efficiency. The reason our battery life isn't getting better is twofold: first, bigger and higher-resolution screens, and second, thinner devices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol