1. Derewd's Avatar
    I am soo frustrated by cell phones. Why is there NO perfect mobile OS. I had an for iPhone several years, but I hate being locked into Apple's walled garden having to access iTunes every single time you need to do something with your media. I've tried Android for the last 7 months, but the way that manufacturers gunk stuff up is just awful. The dialer / contacts / calendar/ etc. is absolutely ugly. I know you can replace some of the other apps with nicer official google apps, but theres no way of removing/diabling the manufacturers ugly apps. And let's not forget about bloatware. Then lastly, there is Windows mobile which integrates beautifully into my windows ecosystem (xbox, laptop, email, etc) and runs very smoothly, but the lack of apps is really a slap in the face. It's feels like going back to the feature phone days.

    I guess at this point my only hope is for either Blackberry or Palm to make a comeback. (I really miss my Palm Pre).
    03-19-2015 11:01 AM
  2. Aquila's Avatar
    If you like the Google design in apps, it may be worth checking out the Nexus devices. They have no OEM modifications and very limited, if any bloatware.
    ej94c likes this.
    03-19-2015 11:18 AM
  3. vinnie_boombhats's Avatar
    “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”

    ― John Lydgate
    03-19-2015 11:26 AM
  4. Almeuit's Avatar
    "Why is there NO perfect mobile OS"

    Simple ... Nothing in life is perfect. There is no perfect car, house, really .. anything. That is life .
    adegbenroagoro likes this.
    03-19-2015 11:26 AM
  5. arslan1122's Avatar
    I think that nothing is perfect becuase it some thing got ideal then ther is no improvement. I think There shuld be a new phone that supports all operating systems
    03-19-2015 11:28 AM
  6. Derewd's Avatar
    Now that's an idea. And see, I want to know why Android phones arn't more like PC's. I feel like you should be able to buy a blank phone and then load any OS you want.
    03-19-2015 11:55 AM
  7. Rukbat's Avatar
    The perfect phone is the one I just designed. By next week I may change my mind and want something different. It's why I used to write a lot of my own utility programs. This one had way too much clutter and ran too slowly because of it. That one didn't do everything I wanted, so I needed two programs.

    Then I got older and chilled. My phone works, it does almost everything I want, and I know I'm not going to design my own phone, so I don't worry about it. But yeah, it would be nice if I could load Linux on the phone and run apps as native Linux programs, and apt-get install whatever I wanted. And su was just one of the available commands, instead of a way to void your warranty.

    The problem is that 95% of the phone-buying public just wants a phone that runs apps, not a computer that handles phone calls. And no one is going to build phones "for the rest of us" - the 5% who actually know what apt-get is. If all of that 5% bought one of those phones (and there was only one such model), it wouldn't cover the development costs. It's difficult enough to get a developer edition of many phones - and they're not much more open than stock.
    03-19-2015 02:20 PM

Similar Threads

  1. Phone radio battery drain
    By vividrich in forum Android 5.0 Lollipop
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-22-2015, 12:44 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-22-2015, 09:15 AM
  3. Why does my Android 5 swipe to unlock always opens to a phone app?
    By AC Question in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-19-2015, 04:41 PM
  4. Why is my screen taking up almost 60% of my battery life!?
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-19-2015, 10:28 AM
  5. Is it possible to call up the keyboard during a voice call?
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-19-2015, 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD