5 Reasons Why Android is Better Than iOS

Good to see that someone can point out the obvious reasons why Android is better than iOS. I was talking to a friend the other day and I was trying to come up with some more reasons, but I drew a blank.

I'd appreciate it if some of you guys could post here with more not-so-obvious reasons why Android is superior.

Thanks AndroidCentral'ers!

Oh and mods, if this doesn't belong in Android News, I'd be thankful for you to move it. This seemed the most suitable forum.
    12-26-2010 10:19 PM
    Because I don't need an expensive computer running Windows or MacOS to activate, update, or backup my Android devices.
    12-26-2010 10:27 PM
    I want to point out that the #2 reason was variety. What Apple calls "fragmentation", Android fans call "choice".
    12-26-2010 10:40 PM
    I liked the article it wasnt a fanboyism article. All of itis really just common sense when you look at it. Apple still doesnt have actual multitasking.
    12-27-2010 12:53 AM
    Android fans call "choice".
    A Logical person calls "choice"
    any normal person who walks into a carrier and sees all the different android devices says, i have alot to choose from.

someone looking for apple says , i dont have a choice if i want ios
    12-27-2010 12:59 AM
    Fully hackable and able to customize.
    12-27-2010 01:07 AM
    More than 1(ONE) (UNO) carrier
    12-27-2010 02:44 AM
    Have a wide variety of devices, and a strong supportive forums.
    12-27-2010 08:16 AM
    What I dont understand is why the companies that make Android devices are not as good as apple in advertising, we all know that Android is superior, and we all know apple is good a advertising thats why everyone and their brother run to them, with Android being superior why not get with it and make some good advertising, apple would be left in the dust.
    12-27-2010 08:30 AM
    I think part of the problem is the advertising in most cases is left up to the carriers. I think the only manufacturer I've seen put out their own separate ad for an Android device is Samsung (and I don't see it very often). Verizon I think has done a tremendous job with their advertising, but Sprint and especially AT&T (no surprise) are well behind.
    12-27-2010 09:29 AM
    Very good points and are on key with what is propelling Android in the mobile market. I agree with Jerry, that Android doesn't require a specific OS to properly backup the device; I bought an iPad for for my wife this Christmas and it won't turn on unless I had the newest Apple OS that supports the newest itunes installed on the computer which is a Mac.
    12-27-2010 10:55 AM
    Yeah, here's another reason why Android is better than iOS. iOS is mostly backed by fanboys who think you're a moron if you choose anything other than iOS (I've had friends disown me for getting a phone other than iPhone), Android gives beauty and the community seems to be nicer too, none of my Android friends have kicked off over my choice of phone (BlackBerry), although some of my BB friends have kicked off over me considering Android.
    12-27-2010 12:50 PM
    I don't like how iPhone users get offended when someone chooses andorid or put down, even the smallest thing about the iPhone.
    12-27-2010 05:57 PM
    Yeah, here's another reason why Android is better than iOS. iOS is mostly backed by fanboys who think you're a moron if you choose anything other than iOS (I've had friends disown me for getting a phone other than iPhone), Android gives beauty and the community seems to be nicer too, none of my Android friends have kicked off over my choice of phone (BlackBerry), although some of my BB friends have kicked off over me considering Android.
    I think Android owners just quietly sulk in the fact that they are satisfied with our platform. Sure we take shots at other platforms at times, but we're not zombies, and we sure as heck aren't simple minded. I know for me, if I'm happy, that's all I care about. If someone else is happy on another platform, so be it.
    ChrisGonzales90 likes this.
    12-27-2010 07:18 PM
    Have a wide variety of devices, and a strong supportive forums.
    The first is mentioned in the article.

You're right about the second part. I've seen Apple forums, but no specifically made iPhone forums.
    12-28-2010 04:10 PM
    #1 reason Android OS is better, no turtle-neck wearing dictator trying to brainwash you into believing he knows whats best for you.
    To the iOS fanboys/girls- I got the best Sahara water front property to sell you complete with your own ski resort outback! J/k J/K seriously tho you wanna buy it?
    12-29-2010 11:29 AM
    What I dont understand is why the companies that make Android devices are not as good as apple in advertising, we all know that Android is superior, and we all know apple is good a advertising thats why everyone and their brother run to them, with Android being superior why not get with it and make some good advertising, apple would be left in the dust.
    What about what Verizon did with the Droid? That is some good advertizing.....
    12-29-2010 12:05 PM
    +1... (Sprint)

Swyped from my EVO using Taptalk Pro
    01-02-2011 12:32 PM
    Sounds like the same way we use to say Webos is better over at Precentral lol.

Sent From Tapatalk.
    disney.jessica likes this.
    01-02-2011 12:50 PM
    Lol don't we look like the biggest group of fan boys. No knock to anybody but isn't this the same type of rah rah chest beating done by our ios counterparts? Is android superior that'd up to the consumer to decide with there dollars. Soon enough iPhone for better or worse will be one two carriers and will likely slow the push of android at big red. There's no denying that tons of og Droid owners are waiting for the iPhone on big red. Will it stop android, no way but with 1. Better market setup 2. Bettery battery life. 3 easier os for average end users 4. Huge dev community(think quality apps) 5. Verizon apple looks to take the fight back to android. The good thing is we as end users benefit from it as this will mean better android devices on sprint, t-mo as welll as Verizon. 2011 will be and interesting year.
    01-04-2011 12:46 AM
    Because Eric Schmidt is way cooler than Steve-I only own one shirt and one pair of pants-Jobs.
    01-05-2011 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD