[POLL] Have you seen the "SMS Bug"?

Have you experienced the "SMS Bug"?

• Total voters

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I didn't vote yet because idk exactly what the "bug" is. Many people here have the same problem i'm having. I go to select a contact in the messaging app and some random contact at the bottom of the list shows up. Is that the "bug"?

I always recognize it because I look at the picture. But never sent a message to the wrong person. But the scary part about it is it always brings up my mom's thread when I'm texting several girls. I would be SCREWED if one of those messages went to my mom. But now I always delete my mom's thread to avoid this.

mwirtz

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
just got bugged on my incredible. using skyraider sense, kingklick kernel and handcent. only happened one time, and a reboot has seemed to fix it. I was texting with person A and person B sent me a message. The next two texts intended for person A went to person B, but handcent showed both messages going to person A until person B sent me a new message, and then it refreshed (of course the response from person B was 'WTF??' lol). it seemed to fix it self after that, but like i said i rebooted for safe measure and it seems to be good so far. hope they get this fixed sooner than later!

njschad

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I didn't vote yet because idk exactly what the "bug" is. Many people here have the same problem i'm having. I go to select a contact in the messaging app and some random contact at the bottom of the list shows up. Is that the "bug"?

I always recognize it because I look at the picture. But never sent a message to the wrong person. But the scary part about it is it always brings up my mom's thread when I'm texting several girls. I would be SCREWED if one of those messages went to my mom. But now I always delete my mom's thread to avoid this.

i too am curious if this is what is meant by the bug as this happens to me quite often when im texting multiple people at once i usually catch it but one time i didnt and i saw that i sent the text to the wrong person according to my phone and immediately responded saying oops wrong person and that person claimed they never got the original text that i sent..

jjfitz0

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know, none of my messages have ever gone to the wrong person, but all of my messages did disappear on me the other day out of the blue. Can't get 'em back either.

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
It only happens to me with people with close names to each other. Like I wanted to send a text to "Max" but it sends to "Matt"

Grimmy

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I've owned 3 different android devices and to my knowledge, I've never experienced the problem, although to be fair, I don't send many sms messages.

trekkie1701c

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Hear that it happens if you get something sent to you via email (as in, sent to the email that your phone uses for SMS/MMS, not to your gmail accounts). Which is nice for me, as I have an email set up so international people can text me in an emergency and I've had to disable it.

glassbowl

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
i voted no. All i do really is text. i dont make many calls on my phone. (thank god for swype!) anyways i have never seen the bug. I use handcent btw.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Incredible for 7 months, wife still has it. Droid Pro for me since release. Haven't seen a single SMS bug on either device. If this is real, it's inexcusable.

Drootz

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Sms bug

I have a SMS bug a little different than what is being listed on my Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate (Verizon)

What happens to me is after I send a txt, when the other person replies, the notification bar up at the top of the screen shows the msg preview and lists the reply as coming from another person replying.

But when I go to the Sms msg's it is listed as coming from the correct person who replied.

So only the notification bar shows the wrong name as the person who replied but the msg shows in the stock msg app under the correct name.

Not a deal breaker but Weird

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I could have swore that I recently sent a text to one person but another person responded back...I voted maybe because it could have happened, but then again, could have been my error..

PPM

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I experienced the bug once when I texted my dad and it accidentally went to one of my friends. Could have been user error, though.

NYCDJ

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
This has happened to me a few times already. I have an Epic 4G and this happened when I did both a reply to a text and a fresh newly composed text. Also, one thing to note is that on one occasion it (the newly composed text) went to someone that was a google voice contact...not a contact on my phone. I was able to confirm this when I logged into GV and saw the outgoing text that went to the wrong person.

It happened to me both using Handcent and the stock app......this needs fixing asap.

megous0001

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

Welcome to Mobile Phones UK. Here you will find hundreds of independent expert reviews plus over 30,000 consumer reviews, as well as links to the best online buys (pay as you go, contract & sim free). Don't waste your time searching we've already found you the best deals in the UK! But more importantly, we find you the best phones!

:mad:---------------------------:eek:-------------------:(
bestmobiledeals.org

Jjpp23

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
happened to me once.. sent a text to my girlfriend and it sent it to my 12 year old daughter.. the text is in the girlfriends text feed like it was sent to her but it def went to my daughter!! not cool...

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I use SMS Popup app and haven't had any misdirected text messages to date.... at least, not that I know about. Seems all is OK with this in effect.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae