does anyone actually use NFC on their phone

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Not really. It's a useful idea with lots of interesting potential applications, but there's just not enough NFC tags out in the wild to make it worth paying attention to. I can totally see using it for public transit, at the bank, for payments, for getting more information off a notice... but it's just not there, so I've stopped even looking. It's still a good idea, but if its time is coming at all, it's not here yet, at least in my daily life.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I agree with zorak950, there just aren't enough uses out there and there should be more implementation and awareness. When it first came out I was excited because I thought it was something I would use on a regular basis.

gfederline9

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I agree with zorak950, there just aren't enough uses out there and there should be more implementation and awareness. When it first came out I was excited because I thought it was something I would use on a regular basis.

the first thing i think about nfc is those android review youtube video where you can share a word article or document with your friends and samsung s beam

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't say i use it on a regular basis, but it has come in handy on quite a few occasions. Mostly android beam and now Tap & Go setup with lollipop.

I play with my food

Kylbit

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
I bought a few NFC tags and I was going to stick one to my in car phone mount. Then program Waze to start up when I mounted the phone.

But then I'd have to download an app, and I got lazy and didn't do it.

I was trying to use Google Wallet since it was released. It worked at a few places, but then it didn't work at most places so I stopped using it. Now I have the option to use it and I don't even bother because my card is in my wallet and will work, my phone might work. :(