Accord to CNET, Motorola will introduce the Atrix 4G with dual core and 1GB of RAM. It has 16GB of on-board memory and a 1,920mAh lithium-ion battery. No release date or price point, but it looks to be an interesting phone and hopefully will come out in the 1st half of this year.

CES: AT&T announces Motorola Atrix 4G with dual-core processor - CES 2011 CNET Blogs
    01-05-2011 12:13 PM
    When should we expect release dates for the three AT&T phones unveiled today? I hope there will be something new available by the end of the month.
    01-05-2011 01:55 PM
    Man i want that phone. Loooks soooo sweet. Shamefully i cant upgrade till june and i am stuck with my 3gs. Battery is dieing on me. Wonder if i can upgrade early. Hmm.
    01-05-2011 03:17 PM
    According to the reports this will be available the first quarter of 2011. So i can see it launching sooner than later to compete with Verizons launch of the Thunderbolt. I just cancelled my order for a dell streak so i can buy this phone. Here we go.
    01-05-2011 03:39 PM
    Man i want that phone. Loooks soooo sweet. Shamefully i cant upgrade till june and i am stuck with my 3gs. Battery is dieing on me. Wonder if i can upgrade early. Hmm.
    I have a 3Gs as well and went into a local AT&T store asking when I can upgrade my phone. The rep told me 2/20/11 and I bought my iPhone on opening day. If you are in good standing, they may let u upgrade early as well.
    01-05-2011 04:06 PM
    I have a 3Gs as well and went into a local AT&T store asking when I can upgrade my phone. The rep told me 2/20/11 and I bought my iPhone on opening day. If you are in good standing, they may let u upgrade early as well.
    Sadly i am not due for an upgrade till june. According to the att website. My mom says yes we are in good standing or we should be since we pay the bill on time every month. My birthday is very close to your upgrade day, and would make a great present but i doubt they will let me. Plus if i was going to upgrade the phone it would be at a best buy since i have two git cards and a coupon from the store. Any ideas if i can get the phone early?
    01-05-2011 04:51 PM
    When is Motorola gonna realize that their MotoBlur UI is awful? That alone is a deal breaker.
    01-05-2011 05:21 PM
    When is Motorola gonna realize that their MotoBlur UI is awful? That alone is a deal breaker.
    Can't you install ADWlauncher or a similar launcher and use their themes to get rid of Motoblur?
    01-05-2011 05:31 PM
    It def has some nice specs but I am not sold. Putting aside my dislike for AT&T's service and poor customer service history, Motoblur is not going to make this device as user friendly as one may think. Yes a launcher will help hide it but if Motorola locked the boot loader down then you can't root in order to install a clean new rom or even delete the bloat-ware.

I am not a fan of Engadget's reviews and their apple fanboy ways but they hit the nail on the head when they said that all of the Manufacturers are creating a launcher for android with apps and widgets associated with it that are not adding to Android in a positive way. All they are doing is trying to differentiate themselves but without giving the end-user any reasons performance/functionality-wise to choose their handset. HTC's sense is probably one of the better android skins only because it gives you android and much more than just a launcher. They help contribute to visual appeal, easy use and great performance.

IDK, I am just not sold on any Motoblur devices at this current moment.
    01-05-2011 06:00 PM
    Well, given that all the manufacturers -- and carriers -- are getting more Draconian about their Android devices, particularly HTC and Moto, unless you're willing to get a Nexus S, you'll have to make some compromises.

From what I've seen the past couple of days, the Atrix is hands-down the best Android phone announced at CES. If AT&T walks their talk on network improvements -- I know, I know, how many times have we heard that? -- they've got a real winner on their hands -- not to mention the rest of the Android lineup they're showing at CES.
    01-06-2011 08:00 AM
    Engadget showing off 2 games on the Tegra 2 dual-core processor. The Atrix is playing Samurai 2... http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/07/nvidia-shows-off-tegra-2-gameplay-on-atrix-4g-and-optimus-2x/
    01-07-2011 08:10 AM
    Nice phone, get rid of AT&T exclusivity and Blur and I'll be happy. I wish these companies (save maybe HTC) would understand they are only making their products worse by wasting time and money on skinning them. If they left stock Android on they could push out updates much quicker and people would be happier.
    01-07-2011 04:02 PM
    Nice phone, get rid of AT&T exclusivity and Blur and I'll be happy. I wish these companies (save maybe HTC) would understand they are only making their products worse by wasting time and money on skinning them. If they left stock Android on they could push out updates much quicker and people would be happier.
    People = us nerds haha

I hate blur but I feel that the general public (non tech-savvy) don't really mind it. The general public just want a cool looking touch screen phone to show off to their friends. Updates? They probably don't even know that the are different versions of android and probably thing that Android us just Android, no differences in each device except a bigger screen on some than others.

These are the people who kill Android for us due to them just buying the newest android device regardless of UI

Sent from my Droid Incredible because I'm too lazy to walk over to my computer.
    01-07-2011 04:41 PM
    This phone seems really GREAT! I wouldn't get it because I have my Nexus but my mom is going to AT&T because they bought out Alltel and I am going to get her to try it before she goes for the iPhone.
    01-08-2011 04:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD