Help me decide which phone to get next!

JSC Dirtybird

May 10, 2015
Visit site
Hey everyone! I'm new here and joined because I'm due for a upgrade in August and wanted some advice on what to get. I'm leaning more towards an Android, but I haven't ruled out an iphone (or something else) yet either. I currently have a iphone 4s. It was pretty good for a first smartphone, but there a lot of things I have begun to dislike about it. I guess its just too outdated at this point. Anyway here are the most important things to me in a smartphone (note that I am in the US and have Verizon):

-Longevity: I need something that will hold up and won't be outdated in 2 years. This is very important as I will be on a 2 year contract and upgrading will cost way too much before the contract is up.
-Speed and performance: I want something LIGHTNING fast (or at least as close to that as possible lol) and something that is stable, bug/glitch free and doesn't glitch out and crash all the time like my 4s does.
-Music: All of my music is on itunes. The problem is, moving it isn't an option for me since my family shares the account. If there is a way to copy songs from itunes to Google Play or whatever that would be great, but every single article i've read says "how to import" or "how to move", not how to copy, which is what I need. So can you copy songs to Google Play and still keep them on itunes? If not, I may just have to stick with Apple because I would lose a ton of songs.
Screen: I don't really care what size, as long as it's a good bit bigger than the 4s screen which is way too small imo. I'm OK with a phablet as long as it can fit in most pockets. How good the screen looks is more important to me, so I want the best looking phone I can get. I also would like something that looks good in bright light (sunlight outside).
Multitasking: I want to run as many apps as possible at the same time and be able to switch between them with ease.
Other things that are nice but not absolutely necessary: I think long battery life is important. Expandable storage would be nice, but most phones don't seem to have that anymore.

So based on everything I wrote here (sorry for the long post btw), what would you say the best smartphone for me is? Thanks!

vbdwork

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
I don't use any iOS devices anymore because of Apple's business practice to make things incompatible, overcharge for products / services and iOS limitations, but in your case iPhone 6 will be the easiest upgrade. You're already familiar with iOS and iTunes, nothing much to learn, and it's a good quality device. If you survived so long with iPhone 4, nothing more you need.

If you want to learn something new, like customizations and freedom, want to make your device truly unique and yours, then any 2015 flagship device is a good choice. All new popular Android phones are well built, offer fast hardware, stable and compatible OS, very good displays, very good point-and-shot cameras, excellent ecosystem and great 3rd party community support. It's up to you to decide what device you like better and feels good in your hand.

JSC Dirtybird

May 10, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. There are a lot of good Androids out there, but the Galaxy S6 and Note 4 seem like the best ones out currently. But there are lots of good choices. Even though I want to switch, I may just have to stick with iphone because I would lose a lot of songs.

vbdwork

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site

Beyond Fire

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. There are a lot of good Androids out there, but the Galaxy S6 and Note 4 seem like the best ones out currently. But there are lots of good choices. Even though I want to switch, I may just have to stick with iphone because I would lose a lot of songs.

I just switched from my iPhone 6 to the s6 and I use an app called isyncr to sync my s6 with my iTunes library and it works perfectly. It's also great because it has WiFi sync functionality.

Now that being said the only songs you'll lose is the protected ones purchased through iTunes.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

JSC Dirtybird

May 10, 2015
Visit site
vbdwork, Yeah, there are a lot of ways to transfer itunes to Google. But I still need the songs on itunes because the rest of my family uses it (we share an account). Do you have any idea what happens after you transfer it? I made another thread about this but haven't gotten any replies yet.

JSC Dirtybird

May 10, 2015
Visit site
I just switched from my iPhone 6 to the s6 and I use an app called isyncr to sync my s6 with my iTunes library and it works perfectly. It's also great because it has WiFi sync functionality.

Now that being said the only songs you'll lose is the protected ones purchased through iTunes.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Sorry if I wasn't clear, but I need the songs on itunes too as my family shares an account. Is all your music still on itunes too or is it not on there anymore?

Never mind just saw your post on the other thread I made.

JSC Dirtybird

May 10, 2015
Visit site
OK so it sounds like I actually wouldn't lose any music so thats good! Now I'm pretty sure I don't want a iphone 6, so I now I just need to figure out which Android phone I want...

vbdwork

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Do you have any idea what happens after you transfer it?

No, never had to do it on my devices.

Common sense tells me 2 things though:
- most likely won't be possible to extract songs purchased from iTunes (copyright)
- free to download and uploaded songs may stay on iTunes if the account is shared

JSC Dirtybird

May 10, 2015
Visit site
No, never had to do it on my devices.

Common sense tells me 2 things though:
- most likely won't be possible to extract songs purchased from iTunes (copyright)
- free to download and uploaded songs may stay on iTunes if the account is shared

Do you mean songs purchased from itunes won't transfer, but the rest will (and will stay in itunes)?

Beyond Fire

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Do you mean songs purchased from itunes won't transfer, but the rest will (and will stay in itunes)?

Only purchased songs which are protected will not be able to be transferred. However Apple did away with that sometime ago and now any song purchased from iTunes is transferable. You can go to the songs info to see if it's protected or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk