All but three of these 70 articles come from Android Central...in just 6 days...

2.8" to 3.2"
    T-Mobile Motorola Cliq 2
    Bell Canada LG Optimus Chic
    Acer beTouch E140
    AT&T HTC Freestyle

3.6" to 3.8"
    Sprint HTC Evo Shift 4G - specs - Best Buy - Radio Shack - Hands on
    US Celluar LG Optimus U
    T-Mobile Motorola CLIQ 2
    Huawei IDEOS X5

4.0" to 4.3"
    AT&T Motorola Atrix 4G - Hands-on
    AT&T HTC Inspire 4G - more - Hands-on
    T-Mobile Samsung Nexus S
    Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Verizon Samsung SCH-i520 LTE phone
    Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Verizon Motorola Droid Bionic - Unveiled - Hands on
    Verizon Revolution 4G
    Bell Canada Motorola Atrix 4G - coming to Bell - Hands-on
    LG Optimus 2X - more - demo - commercial
    LG Optimus Black with NOVA Display
    Sony Xperia Play
    Sony Ericsson XPERIA Ara with Reality Display - announcement - specs
    Sony Anzu
    Vizio 4-inch phone
    Sony PlayStation Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Player Hands-on -iPod-like, no phone

4.5"
    AT&T Samsung Infuse 4G - crazy thin - more

7" to 8"
    Vizio 8- inch tablet
    ASUS 7" Android tablet
    Samsung WiFi only Galaxy Tabs
    Panasonic Viera Tablet
    T-Mobile Dell Streak 7

9" to 10"
    AT&T Pandigital 9-Inch Android Tablet
    ASUS 10" Android tablets
    Verizon Acer ICONIA A500
    Motorola Xoom Tablet - Intro - press release - Hands on
    T-Mobile LG 4G G-Slate - Videos
    Acer Iconia Tab A500
    Sony PlayStation Tablet
    Kyle Gibb and DieselDre2K like this.
    01-06-2011 03:14 PM
    I could be wrong but the Freestyle isnt android.
    01-06-2011 03:23 PM
    I could be wrong but the Freestyle isnt android.
    You are right.... Several Articles from Engaget call it a dumbphone running some "home brew" os..
    Brew Mp -- Engadget
    Unless.... There would be more than one version, but that would seem odd & unlikely...
    01-06-2011 04:39 PM
    Welp, we're on pace to practically triple last years output...
    01-06-2011 11:04 PM
    In Asia, including India and China, Nokia had a stranglehold as they had unlocked (locked phones are mostly unheard of, at least in India and even in Singapore and Hong Kong, Apple sells unlocked iPhones) symbian 'smart' phone devices for as little as $175. However constant crashes and problems with its N series / symbian phones and now ovi disaster is quite killing Nokia.

iPhone with its huge cost ($600 or so) can never gain mass market status in developing economies of Asia, Africa, etc. Android devices are now coming into the void between $200-450 price points in these exploding markets (India is adding 10 million connections every month and with 3G around the corner), LG, Samsung, HTC and Motorola see huge potential.

Add to that the Android market pricing being very reasonable, and now available to Asia (not sure about Africa) I also see huge scope for app developers for Asia/Africa centric apps for Android.

With such large variety of Android devices, I think even 2.2 is pretty decent and with budget devices starting in $150 range, potential for Android to take off is really high.
    01-06-2011 11:13 PM
    great list!
    01-07-2011 03:54 PM
    In Asia, including India and China, Nokia had a stranglehold as they had unlocked (locked phones are mostly unheard of, at least in India and even in Singapore and Hong Kong, Apple sells unlocked iPhones) symbian 'smart' phone devices for as little as $175. However constant crashes and problems with its N series / symbian phones and now ovi disaster is quite killing Nokia.

iPhone with its huge cost ($600 or so) can never gain mass market status in developing economies of Asia, Africa, etc. Android devices are now coming into the void between $200-450 price points in these exploding markets (India is adding 10 million connections every month and with 3G around the corner), LG, Samsung, HTC and Motorola see huge potential.

Add to that the Android market pricing being very reasonable, and now available to Asia (not sure about Africa) I also see huge scope for app developers for Asia/Africa centric apps for Android.

With such large variety of Android devices, I think even 2.2 is pretty decent and with budget devices starting in $150 range, potential for Android to take off is really high.

You spoke too soon. Or too late.

The Asian centric Android apps are already there.

For example, Mel-On, is the KPop or Korean version for services like Pandora, Spotify and Slacker, catering to Korean music. Early last summer, this was a top download on the Android Market. Mel-On is as important to Korean Android users as Pandora is to US Android users.

Another big app is Kakao-Talk. Made in Korea, it does what WhatsApp, Kik, or BBM does for US users. Kakao-Talk is very popular in Korea and Asia and runs in both iPhone and Android.

The Naver search engine, popular in Korea, is available in the Android Market with a series of apps.

Then you have the Four big Horsemen of the Chinese Social media. These are:

QQZone
    Sina Weibo
    Kaixin001
    Renren

All four are available in Android Market officially. Consider them requisites for any Chinese Android user. Oh and Baidu Search is also available in the Android Market.
    01-08-2011 01:45 AM
    Of course many apps are already there. My point is that android really has potential to be mass market globally with its great value propositions as compared to any other platform currently.

And resulting in Google's dominance becoming even more.
    01-08-2011 01:51 AM
    That's a great list! A lot of devices!
    01-08-2011 02:46 AM
    Of course many apps are already there. My point is that android really has potential to be mass market globally with its great value propositions as compared to any other platform currently.

And resulting in Google's dominance becoming even more.
    Indeed. Even in Japan, they're taking off.

Late November all 5 top selling phones in Japan were smartphones. It was a historical first TWo of them were iPhones, the IP4 in 16 and 32gb, who because of their different price points, are considered two separate phones.

The other three were Android - Sharp ISO3, Samsung Galaxy S and the Lynx 3D.

Mid December, both iPhones were knocked out, as two new phones got into the list, the Regza ISO4 and the Sharp Galapagos. Both were Android. The other three Androids remained in the list --- creating a virtual sweep of Japan's top 5.

So Android is taking off big in Japan. It appears the Japanese have their own unique and sexy phone designs for Android, boasting things like 3D displays and 12mp cameras.

They are taking off big in China where 50% of all new smartphones sold are Android, and its a forgone conclusion in Korea.
    01-08-2011 06:14 AM
    In the next year or so... Androids phones will be the only phone people want(my prediction).
    01-08-2011 08:14 AM
    In the next year or so... Androids phones will be the only phone people want(my prediction).
    Wouldn't go that far. The iPhone is coming to Verizon, and although I'm not afraid it'll deter Android's growth severely, there are many people out there who have been holding out for a Big Red iPhone for a long time. Android and iPhone will be the big two powerhouses in my mind, but neither one will be the only one people want.
    01-08-2011 12:16 PM
    Wouldn't go that far. The iPhone is coming to Verizon, and although I'm not afraid it'll deter Android's growth severely, there are many people out there who have been holding out for a Big Red iPhone for a long time. Android and iPhone will be the big two powerhouses in my mind, but neither one will be the only one people want.
    Very true... I have been using BB's since they was blue... was holding out for an *actual new phone* from RIM for a year (not a "refresh").. That was really all that I wanted. Then I moved to Android when I saw there really was nothing coming from RIM.
    Honestly, I would have went with anyone even Pre (if they had something new).. I just wanted something new that worked of course.... What I like about Android thus far is there seems to be always something new and intriguing, but I can wander away at anytime should that stop or something else catches my eye..
    01-08-2011 02:20 PM
    I think the best android device that came out was the motorola xoom
    01-09-2011 12:33 AM
    Xoom does look nice.

Out of the phones I'd have to say that the Xperia Arc looks like the nicest phone to me, and one of the only ones that actually says it will ship with 2.3

Think I'll hold out to see what LTE pricing is before I do anything though.
    01-09-2011 12:43 PM
    PDAdb.net is pretty good about getting the full specs on new products.

Here are PDAdb.net's specs on 39 new phones coming in 2011.

About half were talked about at CES last week.
    01-10-2011 12:01 PM
    Add the new Archos 101 & 70 capacitive touch 1Ghz tablets to the list.
    01-12-2011 02:37 PM
    When you see this list its really a testament to Phil and the Android Central team. The fact that they can keep up with this pace of device, app and version releases without loosing their minds is impressive. The growth of Android has been phenomenal and it kids like its set to continue. The iphone on Verizon may cause a hickup in that growth in the American market that will be offset by growth at Simbians expense worldwide.
    01-13-2011 08:02 AM
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but are there any rumored just google phones heading to verizon (i.e. Nexus 1)?
    01-13-2011 04:22 PM
    There has been some talk of a Verizon Nexus S, but nothing really concrete. It's mostly hope and speculation.
    01-13-2011 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD