I currently have a captivate and its ok, nothing crazy. I run beautiful widgets and ADW Launcher EX as well as Launcher Pro. I do this because I like HTC sense. I really like HTC phones as well and heres my dilemma. I've been waiting like crazy for CES and now that we have seen the new AT&T phones im wondering which one to get.

The Atrix is awesome and I love the dual core but I wouldnt buy any of the docking devices for it. Im a student and dont travel much. I want to get the Inspire but my only worries is that dual core is obviously the next standard for all smartphones and I feel like it will be outdated in a heartbeat. This is obviously the worry for all smartphones but its pretty obvious that all smartphones are going to be dual core in the matter of a couple months.

So what would you do? Love me some HTC phones and always wanted an EVO-ish type device from them, but at the same time the dual core is hard to pass up. Do you guys think ill be solid for a year or so with the Inspire or is it a pass?
    01-09-2011 04:00 PM
    I currently have a captivate and its ok, nothing crazy. I run beautiful widgets and ADW Launcher EX as well as Launcher Pro. I do this because I like HTC sense. I really like HTC phones as well and heres my dilemma. I've been waiting like crazy for CES and now that we have seen the new AT&T phones im wondering which one to get.

The Atrix is awesome and I love the dual core but I wouldnt buy any of the docking devices for it. Im a student and dont travel much. I want to get the Inspire but my only worries is that dual core is obviously the next standard for all smartphones and I feel like it will be outdated in a heartbeat. This is obviously the worry for all smartphones but its pretty obvious that all smartphones are going to be dual core in the matter of a couple months.

So what would you do? Love me some HTC phones and always wanted an EVO-ish type device from them, but at the same time the dual core is hard to pass up. Do you guys think ill be solid for a year or so with the Inspire or is it a pass?
    Yeah look at computers there are many dual core and beyond computers but many people run single cores and it works just as well ....

In the mean time i would Put cognition on your captivate and kick your experience up a notch.
    01-09-2011 04:06 PM
    Its really up to you in the end. First i would read reviews and such before you buy it and look at the bench marks. To be honest i am thinking of getting the infuse or inspire over the atrix. Mostly because i feel moto is marketing the phone as a computer that you carry with you in your pocket and something that you dock wherever you go which isnt something i am fond of doing right now in my life. I am also a college student and i actually still live at home and used to dorm. When i was at my dorm and went to NYC on occasion i loved having all my info such as my social networking site and my email in one place. My iphone did that for me well but when i got back to my dorm my laptop was my main device or gadget to use. I really only use my phone when at home for texting and phone calls and such but when i am on the road i use it for everything else. I just dont want to use it for everything else while i am near my laptop. I think moto and att are really marketing the device for people who work at home or need to travel and give a presentation. I would wait if i were you though. Wait for the inspire to launch which will be after the atrix.
    01-09-2011 06:16 PM
    Its really up to you in the end. First i would read reviews and such before you buy it and look at the bench marks. To be honest i am thinking of getting the infuse or inspire over the atrix. Mostly because i feel moto is marketing the phone as a computer that you carry with you in your pocket and something that you dock wherever you go which isnt something i am fond of doing right now in my life. I am also a college student and i actually still live at home and used to dorm. When i was at my dorm and went to NYC on occasion i loved having all my info such as my social networking site and my email in one place. My iphone did that for me well but when i got back to my dorm my laptop was my main device or gadget to use. I really only use my phone when at home for texting and phone calls and such but when i am on the road i use it for everything else. I just dont want to use it for everything else while i am near my laptop. I think moto and att are really marketing the device for people who work at home or need to travel and give a presentation. I would wait if i were you though. Wait for the inspire to launch which will be after the atrix.
    Thanks man..

Im in the same boat as you and while I like the dual core it just isnt a must have at the moment.
    01-10-2011 11:20 AM
    Keep in mind that you should really read reviews abot each phone before you buy. And read their respective forums on here. Like the HTC inspire is pretty much the desire hd spec wise and the batter for the phone wasnt that great. So if you want a phone like that look here to see if you can remedy the problem. these forums are very helpful
    01-10-2011 02:31 PM
    Keep in mind that you should really read reviews abot each phone before you buy. And read their respective forums on here. Like the HTC inspire is pretty much the desire hd spec wise and the batter for the phone wasnt that great. So if you want a phone like that look here to see if you can remedy the problem. these forums are very helpful
    Will do

I just love HTC phones, but if the battery sucks I might just hold off till later in the year to see if they get those dual core snapdragons in their phones this summer. That would be awesome to have a 4.3 inch HTC device with a dual core snapdragon in it. We all know its coming, just when is the question
    01-10-2011 10:15 PM
    I second mc511 and make a judgment after all the reviews are out...
    01-19-2011 05:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD