Planning on getting a phone from Swappa-good/bad idea?

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I got a Note 10.1 tablet off there last year, 180 odd bucks, nice leather case and screen protector on it, terrific condition. Now I'm looking to get a Verizon Note 4 off there, but a couple people have apparently had a horror story or two, also for ebay, despite the fact that anyone I buy off of will have to have had a lot of transactions and good ratings, so am I being unduly paranoid, or not paranoid enough?

garrettvp9

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
In general I avoid used technology because even it is physically fine its internal hardware can be worn down if heavily used. Also, no warranty :(

Posted via Android Central App

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Fair enough, but I really dont have a choice-I still have my Verizon UDP, and barring doing the Best Buy trick, I have no real way to upgrade.

ajbrad71

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I've used it with no problem to sell and buy. Just use common sense and kelp your expectations realistic. You should be find.

Gremmward

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I also have the Verizon UDP and we get all our phones through swappa now. I just got an s5 this week. My daughter has had a few iPhones and my wife has bought some Androids. Never had any problems with the phones or with transactions. And my daughter and I are heavy users on our phones never had any reason to dispute or return phones to the sellers.

Geodude074

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Swappa is great, it's where I buy all my used electronics. I do sometimes see some sketchy deals though, like brand new iPads for sale for $350 when they retail for $500. The only way they can be that cheap is if they're stolen...

monkmullen

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Another +1 for Swappa. Bought a new (at the time) Moto X Dev Ed from there last June, and it's been a great phone. I've tried to sell a couple things on there myself, but buyers on ebay and/or craigslist ended up coming through quicker.

dougeetx

Pimpin' Ain't Easy
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I bought a Note 4 off of there a few weeks ago. I found a person that was relatively local. Had no problems.

Posted via the Android Central App

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Fair enough, just a couple people have voiced warnings, so my inherited paranoia kicked in, was told about people who had high ratings/lots of transactions, then down the road the phone they purchased from them stopped working/got blacklisted all of a sudden from the prior account, etc, etc.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
IMO it depends on many factors. I personally keep all of my devices in pristine condition, plus I trade often so they typically have so little use that you are nearly getting a new device.

I have had the opportunity to purchase phones off of eBay in the past, and haven't used Swappa. I have sold on here at AC and iMore many times and purchased from those as well with success.

I would say know the age of the device, the seller history and see if they have an extended warranty that will transfer with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma