Coming back to android, what is the best option for me?

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Right now I'm wanting to dump my 6 plus and come back to android. I'm tired of iOS 8 jank and honestly iOS isn't doing it for me anymore. So now I'm stuck deciding which is the best off contract option right now for me since I'm still paying off the iPhone under att next? Is it best to just get something like a G4 or s6 off contract and pay that price? Is the Moto x still a good phone that will be supported? Or is there another option?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Right now I'm wanting to dump my 6 plus and come back to android. I'm tired of iOS 8 jank and honestly iOS isn't doing it for me anymore. So now I'm stuck deciding which is the best off contract option right now for me since I'm still paying off the iPhone under att next? Is it best to just get something like a G4 or s6 off contract and pay that price? Is the Moto x still a good phone that will be supported? Or is there another option?

Generally most "major phones are good" these days. It is really hard to tell another person what phone is a good one for them, we all use phones differently.

Seems like you have a pretty good idea of the phones you don't like, ones you have had in the past. It might be good to talk to someone with the carrier or at Best Buy and tell them your needs and spend some time playing with the phones.

Your needs will vary from mine, so what is great for me, might not meet your needs.

Last edited:

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Generally most "major phones are good" these days. It is really hard to tell another person what phone is a good one for them, we all use phones differently.

Seems like you have a pretty good idea of the phones you don't like, ones you have had in the past. It might be good to talk to someone with the carrier or at Best Buy and tell them your needs and spend some time playing with the phones.

Your needs will vary from mine, so what is great for me, might not meet you needs.

Well, I value support, good UI or skin, at least a decent camera (I don't take photos though, so this isn't really a deciding factor), battery that will be average or better (I can be flexible on this to a extent because I have a external battery I like), and is a good performer for things like games and general responsiveness.

Honestly, I think I was pretty sold on the X, but I was worried its internals are too out of date to use for another year or two or if it will still get support for things like android M.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Thinking about it, since I'm going to be paying off the iPhone and eating some of the cost considering I can only sell it probably for 500 or so, I should probably go with a cheaper phone. But I'd still like something that will last at least a year from now and get updates

Last edited:

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
For some reason I'm having some second thoughts about leaving iOS. But I think that's just due to making a big decision. I'm pretty sure I'd be happier on android though. If not, I'll just get another iPhone when my upgrade comes. So it's not a huge deal I guess. But there's some last minute resistance.

Seth Perry1

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
I would suggest note 4 nexus 6 or g4 looks like you prefer large screens so I suggested them. The nexus will get the fastest updates and pure android.

joebloggs13

May 21, 2012
Visit site
The LG g3 is still a relevant choice as well. The screen size is exactly the same as the iPhone 6 plus, but the form factor is much smaller. Still a very fast device and at a very attractive price these days.

Posted via the Android Central App

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
My only hesitation with the motto x is battery life. I do own a external battery pack, but I'm worried it won't get me through a full day otherwise.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If you're worried about battery I would nab a Note 4. It is a great performer and has great battery life.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
My only hesitation with the motto x is battery life. I do own a external battery pack, but I'm worried it won't get me through a full day otherwise.

What kind of usage are you used to in an average day? I've had all recent Moto devices except the Turbo and can tell you what will meet or exceed expectations.

korolevbin

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I just purchased a OnePlus One.
Pro: Looks nice, big screen, cheap ($298 off contract), shipped with CyanogenMod (light-weight, comparing to Samsung jank...)
Con: Sometimes it went hot on the back surface in just a couple of minutes.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

Nexus direct from Google Play + AT&T GoPhone.

good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678