S6 vs G4 - Which is better?

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I would say no. It's still a good phone. If timely updates are big for you than other phones are crossed out. It's either get a nexus 6 or wait for the new nexus.

How is the performance and battery in comparison to these other phones? Honestly, I think it may be worth getting just for updates and stock android. I already use a 6 plus, so I can get used to the size I think

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
How is the performance and battery in comparison to these other phones? Honestly, I think it may be worth getting just for updates and stock android. I already use a 6 plus, so I can get used to the size I think

The performance is fine.

Honestly Raven you have to draw the line somewhere. You want certain things from each phone and trust me.. Many would love the best performing phone, with god-like battery, and fast updates but sadly there is no one perfect phone like that. The Nexus is a really good phone and will perform any task you throw at it just fine. The battery is also pretty good and you'll get fast updates. If that's what you're looking for I'd go for it. Only way to know for sure is to try it out.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
The performance is fine.

Honestly Raven you have to draw the line somewhere. You want certain things from each phone and trust me.. Many would love the best performing phone, with god-like battery, and fast updates but sadly there is no one perfect phone like that. The Nexus is a really good phone and will perform any task you throw at it just fine. The battery is also pretty good and you'll get fast updates. If that's what you're looking for I'd go for it. Only way to know for sure is to try it out.

Yeah. The worst that could happen is I just return it and go with the gs6.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I currently use the Nexus 6, Moto X '14 and ZenFone 2 as my devices and the nexus is by far the best device available for what I want. It looks and feels great, software is fantastic (running M now, but it's always been blazing fast and smooth) and battery EASILY blows through a day, usually closer to 30-40 hours before I'm at the 20-25% mark where I want to charge it.

M Dev Nexus 6 Assassin Edition. Android Central Moderator.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Is it too old at this point?
Hardly... You'd be hard pressed to tell them apart, speed-wise, unless you had them side by side. And even then, you are taking fractions of a second difference.

Go to a store that has them all, play around with then for a bit, pick the one you like the most and get it. Then don't look back and just enjoy.

As the saying goes, **** or get off the pot.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, it seems like the nexus 6 has the least amount of drawbacks to me personally. I've gotten used to bigger phones and the only negative I see with the phone is the camera, but I don't ever take pictures and I'm assuming it's good enough for the random snapshot.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, it seems like the nexus 6 has the least amount of drawbacks to me personally. I've gotten used to bigger phones and the only negative I see with the phone is the camera, but I don't ever take pictures and I'm assuming it's good enough for the random snapshot.

You might be right about that.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Realistically speaking will the nexus 6 last another two years from a performance standpoint? I know I'll be good on software updates. But I'd hate to have the phone chug for the last year.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Realistically speaking will the nexus 6 last another two years from a performance standpoint? I know I'll be good on software updates. But I'd hate to have the phone chug for the last year.
S805 is a power house and it has plenty of RAM. Obviously none of us have time machines, but flagship devices from 2013 are far more resistant to obsolescence than prior generations.

via Asus Zenfone 2. Android Central Moderator.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
flagship devices from 2013 are far more resistant to obsolescence than prior generations.

Quoted for emphesis....

The Snapdragon 8XX family really kind of slowed things down a bit. Mobile processing accelerated fairly rapidly from its early days and every year, hell, every 6 months its seems, we had phones that were not just faster, but MUCH faster than the previous generation. But that was mostly due to the chip makers figuring out how to translate the lessons learned for laptop/mobile computing and get them down to the ultra-small phone form factor. It was a new challenge and it took all of, what, 6 years to iron out?

Two good examples... the Nexus 5 and LG G2... they are two of the most well known phones with the SD800 SoC on board... Its been two years since they were released and they can still do a pretty damn good job in their own right... not passable or 'usable', but run and run well still.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: S4 vs G6 - Which is better?

s6! i think it looks way nicer!
spec wise, i don't know.

Which is why I like choice, I personally think the G4 looks much nicer.

I still think the biggest choice is based on the size of the phones.

If I was going to buy one I would get the G4, I prefer the options provided on the G4. Personally I think the differences between the two phones should make it pretty easy to choose between the phones based on personally preferences. I think either phone is a great choice depending on personal desires and needs.

almawhite

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: S4 vs G6 - Which is better?

or.. just get both >=)

Which is why I like choice, I personally think the G4 looks much nicer.

I still think the biggest choice is based on the size of the phones.

If I was going to buy one I would get the G4, I prefer the options provided on the G4. Personally I think the differences between the two phones should make it pretty easy to choose between the phones based on personally preferences. I think either phone is a great choice depending on personal desires and needs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy