Apple Music on Android.

fritzo81

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So it seems that Apple will release their new music streaming app in Android, rumored title is APPLE MUSIC. Questions for the forum:

- Will you try an Apple App on Android?

- Do you think that Apple will make a good Android app? ie: material design

- Can you envision Apple releasing other Apple apps on Android?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
1. Probably not. I might check it out an see how they have it set up. If it is connected to iTunes in any way shape or form, then no.
2. Yes.
3. No.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Very unlikely, everything apple does is solely for the apple/ios world and they do not want you using anything else. The only reason windows based tools exist is to bring ios users on windows into the fold. Yet you will never see photo, music, or other apple centric apps/tools appear. Google music exists on ios since Google is smart enough to court all users interested in their offerings.

For me I subscribe to SiriusXM and have no real reason to buy yet another music subscription service. I read about uses with 3-5 services and I just don't get spending $30-50 a month on a radio station.

Cory W

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Very unlikely, everything apple does is solely for the apple/ios world and they do not want you using anything else. The only reason windows based tools exist is to bring ios users on windows into the fold. Yet you will never see photo, music, or other apple centric apps/tools appear. Google music exists on ios since Google is smart enough to court all users interested in their offerings.

For me I subscribe to SiriusXM and have no real reason to buy yet another music subscription service. I read about uses with 3-5 services and I just don't get spending $30-50 a month on a radio station.

Looks like you were wrong.

Posted via the Android Central App

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
1) No... I saw nothing in that presentation that I don't get from either Spotify or Google Play Music.

2) I'm on the fence on this one. My wife struggles with the scourge that is iTunes on our HP laptop, so I've seen how much effort Apple puts into software that isn't running on their native platforms. The developers of the windows iTunes application need to be rounded up and tossed into the deepest, darkest hole on Earth. How good will the Android app be? It might be OK, but it certainly will not be as good as it could be. I fully expect it to lack a number of the features of the iOS app...

3) Not all that likely. The ONLY reason they are releasing an Android Apple Music app is that the app itself is revenue generating. Anyone using it will be on the hook for at least $10 a month. The other apps (like iMessage, for instance), it'll be a cold day in hell before Apple let's Android into those services... that would make it that much easier to switch from an iPhone to an Android phone. Apple needs to sell iPhones to make money so a dude using iMessage on his Galaxy S7 wouldn't make them so much as a penny.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Probably going to use Apple Music simply because you can have 6accounts active per subscription vs 2on Spotify. Split that with a couple friends, it'll be the cheapest option by far.

Sergei Pekar

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I think Apple will newer make any native apple service like itunes on android because it will decrease their revenue on selling iphone phnes

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The only reason Apple is releasing an Android version is because Apple Music is revenue generating on its own.

To be honest, it works against their usual policy of forcing people to switch to their platform to use their services. But it won't really succeed if they did that as it cuts out 80% of the devices worldwide.

It's actually a huge win for Google... Apple is conceding that Android is the dominant platform and they have to play ball. With Microsoft and BlackBerry both moving to Android, it seems, Google must be quite pleased with the recent developments.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm also interested by Apple Music, i think i will try the free 3 months when available on Android.

This sentence illustrates the long battle Apple has in this space. They are dipping their toes into a crowded pool now and even their considerable clout might not be as effective as they hope. We already have a bunch of mature services as is.... and to dominate in the way I am sure Apple wants, they would have to go above and beyond and give users something they can't get elsewhere... Now, short of them throwing their money around and getting artists to completely abandon the other outlets, I don't see that happening. But if they start paying off artists to go exclusive, they risk getting some unwanted regulatory attention.

Should be interesting.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
For me it is...

1 - I may try it just to try it (I have tried pretty much all streaming services) -- but I won't keep using it. I will just stay with Google Play Music.

2 - Yes I believe the app will be fine.

3 - No I don't think they will continue to release their apps. Apple likes to keep everything in house. I only think they are offering the music on Android as well since they're not the first streaming service and need to get as many users as they can.

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I will try it out when it comes out for Android but I most likely will end up keeping my Google Play Music subscription.

GSOgymrat

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
It is unlikely I will change from Spotify. I have create over fifty custom playlists on Spotify, some playlists with hundreds of songs, and I would not want to manually retype all of them unless there was a significant advantage to Apple Music. From what I have read Apple Music and Spotify have only minor differences.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It is unlikely I will change from Spotify. I have create over fifty custom playlists on Spotify, some playlists with hundreds of songs, and I would not want to manually retype all of them unless there was a significant advantage to Apple Music. From what I have read Apple Music and Spotify have only minor differences.

That's Apple's problem. You can hype it, spin it, dance around and trot out various well known musicians all you want, it is basically people listening to music. It's not rocket science. There's really nothing they are bringing to the table that we don't already have with other streaming services, services that people have been using for quite some time already and built up a little equity in them.

Oh, I am sure it'll do well.... but it is just another in a somewhat crowded field. I just don't want to hear about how amazing and groundbreaking it is.

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
1. I would try it, not to say use it regularly, but it's worth a look.
2. Absolutely
3. They do like to keep everything in-house, but if this one turns out to be a huge success, why not?

hades8921

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I'll try it once they get the Beatles albums on the service

Posted via the Android Central App from my wonderful Alcatel Onetouch Fierce 2

anon(9057135)

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
I love Xbox Music, But I May switch to Apple Music. Why? Never Tried a Apple Product. Like Ever. And Apple Music Looks nice and seems to work alright in the Reviews.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary