Why are so many people so averse to just forking out even just a buck for an app? I don't get it. A coworker of mine the other day made me laugh because he looked at me in horror when I suggested a paid app to him. So I asked him if he drank coffee to which he warily replied yes, probably knowing I was leading him. So then I said, yet you won't pay a measly buck for an app. The guys started laughing and so did he (after telling me to F-off) lol

It's true though. People will blow around a thousand bucks every year on Starbucks without even blinking but refuse to fork out around $50 for a decent core of paid apps!
    ecksmc likes this.
    06-12-2015 08:46 AM
    I couldn't agree more. In addition, a good percentage of those $50 worth of apps can be put on your next (or adidtional) device, as well, for that one-time cost. You can even use it on two devices at once. Try that with your computer software!

I prefer paid apps for two reasons:

(1) A dollar or two is a small amount to express appreciation to the developer for his work. You tip the baristas at Starbucks, I hope, so why not give something to the developer?
    (2) When I like an app, I hope it will be maintained and improved, and paying for it seems like it would be an added incentive for the developer to do so.

I also hate ads, which means if I have a choice between a paid and free app I'll take the paid one every time.
    06-12-2015 11:12 AM
    I have over $150 in paid apps. I have no problems paying for apps that I use because it supports developer.

Sent from my Verizon LG G4
    Almeuit likes this.
    06-12-2015 01:36 PM
    I have over $150 in paid apps. I have no problems paying for apps that I use because it supports developer.

Sent from my Verizon LG G4
    I am of this mindset.
    06-12-2015 02:38 PM
    Install the Google Rewards app - I've got at least $100 in credit over the last year for taking quick surveys, and it's all gone to supporting devs.
    ecksmc and Rassie65 like this.
    06-13-2015 04:53 PM
    I think the problem is Google's fault. They make their money serving ads... So they created Android to give them a new market to serve ads on. Paid apps were a low priority for them... So apps started out as free and supported by ads, which is how Google likes it. However, ads are a [language removed by mod] method of funding for developers. The only one that benefits is google and that earn $1500 a month in from your home guy.
    06-18-2015 10:27 PM
    I can't speak for other users but I prefer to pay for the app once and not be nickle and dimed to death with overpriced in app purchases. Charge me $1, $3, $5, heck $10 for a good quality app but stop with the money grubbing ripoff routines.
    lsmachado, Rassie65 and ecksmc like this.
    06-19-2015 10:30 PM
    Here's an interesting conundrum. With M supposedly implementing selective control of app permissions, what's to stop people from installing free but ad supported apps that don't require an internet connection and then disabling internet permissions? The answer -and I'm guessing here - is that you won't be given the ability to do that otherwise Google would be giving everyone the ability to negate developers from monetizing that way.
    06-22-2015 04:30 PM
    Paying for apps helps us get better apps by good developers it gives them more of an incentive to keep there apps updated and running smoothly and really when most apps are under a few £~$~€ and we can install on as many devices as we want after a one time payment we are really getting value for our money yes always check free version first that's a must before paying and it is a great way to get users to buy most developers do this in there spare time very rare that app developers make a living from this so paying is just supporting them to keep them interested and keep apps updated

Sent from my Vodafone Smart 4 turbo using Tapatalk
    06-23-2015 04:25 AM
    There's a reason the freemium model took off. Just serve ads, and watch the money flow!
    06-24-2015 07:12 AM
    I need to get better about supporting good devs. I realize these people should be paid for their work.

In fact, I was going to buy an expansion for a Sudoku game I had but it turns out it's no longer in the Play Store, so much for that. Too bad, too, it was the only one that had the "Samurai" boards (4 boards linked at one corner each by a central board, similar to the 5 pattern on dice). Sadly, it DID have some performance issues so I can't say he was a "good" dev. but he provided an app I was wanting and I was willing to survive until updates came out.
    06-24-2015 07:41 AM