February 7th major industry news..

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Okay on February 7th the industry is going to make a major announcement...here is what we're hearing.

= Wimax Iphone
= HTC Evo 3D

Can't wait to see what it is...

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Apple would NEVER, EVER build a WiMax iPhone. It just isn't going to happen.

Why not? For 5 years, Apple has only had 1 carrier to work with. They know there are a lot of consumers that are tied to their network and couldn't jump to AT&T even though they wanted the iPhone more than life itself.

Apple would be foolish not to build the iPhone for any carrier that offers a good deal. Not that Apple doesn't do foolish things, but I wouldn't be surprised. If they build a 3G capable phone for Verizon just for the sake of picking up Verizon customers even though LTE is now available, why wouldn't they build a WiMax device?

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't think 'that's weird' constitutes a solid business strategy. If you don't build a WiMax Iphone, you're leaving Millions of dollars on the table. There was a reason the guy indicated it was a non-exclusive deal with Verizon...obviously it couldn't be due to AT&T still being able to carry the device, but I think he would've been fine clarifying it as a Verizon-only contract to let customers know to 'jump on the VZW bandwagon or else you won't be able to get the device'

This could be what will be announced by Sprint in a couple weeks, but I think Apple would be smart to try getting as many VZW devices sold as possible (marketing, yada yada) before announcing that it will also be available for sprint.

Last thing to consider is the concern Sprint is trying to work through with Clearwire. It's still not clear how long they will be using WiMax, so I feel that needs some more waiting time before Apple jumps on board with putting that antenna in its device.

Icon

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
My first question is why they iPhone keeps making its way onto a Android site/blog?

My second question is why would Apple want to put a WiMax iPhone on Sprint, when they didn't make the iPhone for VZW LTE capable?

The answer to the second question is that Apple would much rather go with tried and tested technology (3G) over new and untested technology (WiMax or LTE). That is the reason they made the first iPhone edge only (even though AT&T 3G had been out and tested for a long time). IF Sprint would ever get the iPhone, and I doubt that will ever happen, it would be 3G not WiMax. I honestly think the iPhone would be end up on T-Mobile before Sprint, but I wouldn't expect it on T-Mobile either.

And for the people who say "but they said this is not an exclusive to Verizon", there are other countries that use CDMA technology, so that doesn't automatically mean that Sprint will get it.

Now this is an Android Forum, please stop posting stuff on the iPhone. You want to do that, go over to TiPb.com

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeh but apart from that....
Sprint won't want to also release an iPhone too. That's just weird.
Sent From Tapatalk.

actually months ago when Dan Hesse was asked about bringing the iphone to Sprint he said he'd love to bring all choices to Sprint's customers. I think the link is on this site or engadget and I'm pretty sure it was over the summer.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Apple would NEVER, EVER build a WiMax iPhone. It just isn't going to happen.

Famous Last Words.

For 3 years the fanbois claimed Apple would never in a million years build a CDMA phone.

Get your ketchup, because you might have to eat those words.

cheburashka

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
um no. it'll be an iphone 5 running android with webos-like ui and a gesture area w/ capacitive home button like on pre 2 :p it'll be dual cdma/gsm and unlocked of course. just enter konami code to enter dev mode...

...oh, almost forgot! it can build you an iLand and grant you up to 3 wishes.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
There is no way to physically fit a WiMax radio (and a standard CDMA radio) inside the iPhone 4 as currently designed. Next rumor please...

Nophix

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
um no. it'll be an iphone 5 running android with webos-like ui and a gesture area w/ capacitive home button like on pre 2 :p it'll be dual cdma/gsm and unlocked of course. just enter konami code to enter dev mode...

...oh, almost forgot! it can build you an iLand and grant you up to 3 wishes.

Best thing I've read all morning!!

eric6052

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it wont be a wimax iPhone. The return on investment for Apple in that proposition is zilch. Wimax isn't going to be the future of radio technologybas lte has become the future standard. As it stands it could be a Sprint iPhone 3g only as that would be extremely easy to make from the Verizon version.

As for a 3D EVO, god I hope not. This whole 3D thing is rediculous and I hope they stop trying to force it upon us like its the second coming. It would be a shame to see the awesome EVO name attached to this 3D fad.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Famous Last Words.

For 3 years the fanbois claimed Apple would never in a million years build a CDMA phone.

Get your ketchup, because you might have to eat those words.

I don't recall anyone ever saying any such thing. It was a foregone conclusion that Apple would build a CDMA iPhone; the only question people had was when.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
As for this rumor; it could be any number of things. It could be a CDMA Windows Phone, or it could be a new 4G WebOS product. Who knows?

SdotJ

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I still think doing and event that close to launch of a high demand device on a competitor is a bad move. Considering the number of android sites its more than likely and android tablet. Now if they where to show case the next evo device that would be awesome bit sprint dose not make many good decisions back to back lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12