I know about higher resolution screen/cameras but what can the evo do that my optimus can't?
    01-16-2011 11:55 AM
    The main difference is hardware. 600MHz processor compared to 1GHz with the EVO. Also the EVO has a front facing camera, 720p video recording, WiMax capability, and mini-HDMI port.
    01-16-2011 12:09 PM
    1GHZ processors are really for bigger screens to. An optimus and its 3.2 in. screen will run very well. I had the HTC Aria which is not a super phone and now I have a NS, The only reason I got rid of my aria was the screen was to small I couldn't type well.
    01-17-2011 08:45 PM
    The processor is the main difference. For some, 800 MHz is fine but for others it just doesn't cut it. It really depends how you use the phone and if you push it's limits with widgets and apps.
    01-17-2011 09:48 PM
    There's not much the Optimus doesn't do that the EVO does. It's more that the EVO does it better.
    01-17-2011 10:08 PM
    Who cares the evo sucks donkey nuts anyway compare it to a real superphone like the epic! The hummingbird processor is like no other single core processor especially the lame snapdragon. And it sports a super AMOLED screen, gorilla glass, keyboard, ffc, its a mobile hotspot, touchwiz, six axis motion, better graphics support, and its hacker friendly
    01-18-2011 01:34 AM
    Who cares the evo sucks donkey nuts anyway compare it to a real superphone like the epic! The hummingbird processor is like no other single core processor especially the lame snapdragon. And it sports a super AMOLED screen, gorilla glass, keyboard, ffc, its a mobile hotspot, touchwiz, six axis motion, better graphics support, and its hacker friendly
    Really? The Epic is such a piece of plastic Samsung crap!

OMG! OMG! The Epic has a better processor than the EVO! Oh wait. The Epic doesn't get any of the performance enhancements in Froyo. It's not about the processor. It's about if the software works well with the processor.

Super AMOLED's great. So is a 4.3" screen.

Gorilla glass is so great... for those of us stupid enough to drop an expensive phone.

Physical keyboards are great! They add bulk to the device! You can type faster with Swype on the EVO's screen! </s>

Your Epic must be so much better than my EVO because it has a camera on the front. Oh. Wait. The EVO does too.

Mobile hotspot? Really? An Optimus S can do mobile hotspot.

You actually like TouchWiz? *barfs*

Six-axis motion is so cool! Until you realize that you've never used it.

Better graphics support? What is that supposed to mean anyway?

Oh. Wow. It's hacker friendly. It doesn't matter if Samsung's okay with it and HTC's not. The end result is the same.
    01-18-2011 05:29 PM
    Keep it civil. This is the one warning you guys will get. Debates are fine. Anything that goes past that is unacceptable.

Any questions see my sig for the forum rules.

Sent from my myTouch 4G
    01-18-2011 05:33 PM
    We will keep it civil.

Or at least I will. I guess I can't speak for him.
    01-18-2011 05:39 PM
    Wow way to debate over something so insignificant. When are people going to realize that smartphones (especially android) are all about personal preference? It is absolutely ridiculous to argue which phone is better, cause some features that the EVO has (or doesn't have...physical keyboard for example) may suite somebody better then the next guy. Why can't people just stop being so "alpha male" about their phone? I have the X and my best friend has the Droid Pro. I don't ever start spouting off about how my phone is better, cause I use mine differently. The Droid Pro suites him better then the X would. As long as he is using Android, that's the only thing I'm worried about (I converted him from iPhone )
    01-18-2011 06:07 PM
    I've been civil since the start I just named a couple of things the epic has that the evo doesn't.... someone got sentimental about it that's not my fault... I guess I would feel the sameway if my phone sucked to :-P

P.S I have froyo on my awesome epic
    01-18-2011 08:32 PM
    I've been civil since the start I just named a couple of things the epic has that the evo doesn't.... someone got sentimental about it that's not my fault... I guess I would feel the sameway if my phone sucked to :-P

Yeah, you did, except the EVO (and most other phones) does half of them.

The EVO is about equal to the Epic. It's up to what you like. I just don't get why you are so set on the Epic being the greatest thing ever for everybody and everybody who doesn't own one needs to go buy one.

A couple of things that I like about the EVO that the Epic can't compete with-

• Kickstand
    • HDMI Out
    • HTC Sense
    • Build Quality
    • Bigger Screen
    • EVO's Wifi Hotspot with 8 Devices VS. the Epic's 5
    • Etcetera
    01-18-2011 09:40 PM
    Well here's my list about the thing I like about my epic that the evo can't compete with
    -super AMOLED screen with 16 million colors compared with the evo which only has 86 thousand
    -gorilla glass, its practically unscratchable
    -keyboard, I'm a text addict
    -six axis motion, I play a bunch of racing and 3d games
    -touchwiz, sense to me seems poorly done and needs improvement
    -speaker, its much louder than te evo
    -samsung media hub, were I can rent or purchase movies and their formatted for my device
    -allshare, its dlna service for wirelessly playing media on other devices

Theevo does got a couple of things I do like, for example the kickstand but that's about it.
    01-18-2011 10:18 PM
    Well here's my list about the thing I like about my epic that the evo can't compete with
    -super AMOLED screen with 16 million colors compared with the evo which only has 86 thousand
    -gorilla glass, its practically unscratchable
    -keyboard, I'm a text addict
    -six axis motion, I play a bunch of racing and 3d games
    -touchwiz, sense to me seems poorly done and needs improvement
    -speaker, its much louder than te evo
    -samsung media hub, were I can rent or purchase movies and their formatted for my device
    -allshare, its dlna service for wirelessly playing media on other devices

Theevo does got a couple of things I do like, for example the kickstand but that's about it.
    Super AMOLED's great. Seriously, it's awesome. I'd love my EVO to have one, but everything else would be too much of a compromise.

None of the other things really appeal to me, so I chose the EVO.

But, hey, it's why we got choice.
    01-18-2011 10:29 PM
    1GHZ processors are really for bigger screens to. An optimus and its 3.2 in. screen will run very well. I had the HTC Aria which is not a super phone and now I have a NS, The only reason I got rid of my aria was the screen was to small I couldn't type well.
    well just my opinion

when i got my first google phone motorola defy after the blacberry bold i was checking out what size i need not just that but to type on it i think for a guy like me at least ,i am a carpenter my hand is not big or anything but at least i need it a 3.7 screen is a must, to use the device without flustration so i got the defy but some other phones has a 3,2 in screen i think thats too small unless you a girl or have skiny fingures
    the 4 in is too big for my taste not that i would not like it for browsing or typeing but to carry around all day i find it big.

well whatever you like
    i really like the touchscreen after the regular keypad i will never go back it needs soo little effort to use it
    01-20-2011 09:49 PM

this is funny its like kids in school

i think it was about the "donkey comment "what pushed it lololol
    01-20-2011 09:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD