Well I read on Engadget that now you can port you number to google voice. I read about ETF and stuff like that. What does it mean. I read the comments and apparently it is good..... but I really don't know what this means. Help??

Google Voice now lets you port your own phone number -- Engadget
    01-19-2011 09:54 PM
    It just means you can port your cell # to be your GV #. Just like taking your number from AT&T and moving to Verizon. They port your number over. Therefore, if you have a # on AT&T, and port to Google Voice, it will terminate your contract with AT&T and move your number to GV.

AT&T will charge you an ETF (early termination fee) if your contract is not up at the time of the port.
    01-19-2011 10:42 PM
    I will consider this myself. When my contract is up. I like using google voice. This I could take my number to any phone not only to any carrier.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
    01-20-2011 05:07 PM
    It just means you can port your cell # to be your GV #. Just like taking your number from AT&T and moving to Verizon. They port your number over. Therefore, if you have a # on AT&T, and port to Google Voice, it will terminate your contract with AT&T and move your number to GV.

AT&T will charge you an ETF (early termination fee) if your contract is not up at the time of the port.
    I'll stick to the evil I know. I love to have Google powered my phone, and Sprint remain as my carrier.
    01-20-2011 05:17 PM
    I don't see the real benefit of it. I like my current setup with google voice where I have my calls forwarded to my phones. That's all I need.
    01-23-2011 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD