I have an iPhone 3G and have been waiting to switch to Android but haven't yet found a device I feel comfortable having for two years. The Motorola Atrix looks really nice and I've decided to get it but looking around more I have seen that everyone hates MotoBlur. This would be my first Android phone so am I going to hate it too? What is so bad about it?
    01-23-2011 08:08 PM
    Most haters have a bad taste from early versions. There are plenty of ways to change anything that you don't like about blur. Changing launchers, adding a custom rom that removes blur elements. It's mostly preference. I use the Droid X and have had no issues with blur. Spend some time playing with the phones you are looking at and get a feel for how they work.
    01-23-2011 08:16 PM
    There's already a thread on this: http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...-motoblur.html
    01-23-2011 08:19 PM
    Most haters have a bad taste from early versions. There are plenty of ways to change anything that you don't like about blur. Changing launchers, adding a custom rom that removes blur elements. It's mostly preference. I use the Droid X and have had no issues with blur. Spend some time playing with the phones you are looking at and get a feel for how they work.
    I agree with this. The new blur on the bionic looks nice IMO Looks like they did a good job with the dock, and organizing the app tray is cool. Blur widgets sync very well, and are very reliable.
    01-23-2011 08:20 PM
    Yes there is. I wonder what one is placed best? I would pick this location over the bionic as this sub includes future operating systems. Meh, I am just a cook
    01-23-2011 08:22 PM
    I can't stand motoblur because I had such a crappy experience with it. Especially on 1.5, it is just ugly. Moto did do a goo job with it for 2.1 and above though.
    01-25-2011 06:37 PM
    Maybe the name... I don't like the name at all.
    01-25-2011 06:44 PM
    I find really all custom skins annoying but you really can't get around that. Motoblur was bad on phones like: the backflip, the devour, the cliq, but they made improvements and it's not terrible.
    01-25-2011 07:40 PM
    early versions of motoblur were pretty bad, but Im using a stock Droid X and never had any issues with it. I now use ADW Launcher EX, which is absolutely amazing. It's like old T-Mobile customers, they have a bad taste in their mouth from a poor experience they had 4 years ago, but don't understand how much they have improved. The early versions cursed motoblur, but if people would try they may not hate it so much.
    01-25-2011 09:02 PM
    Let's keep this discussion in the thread over in the Bionic forums, please.
    01-25-2011 09:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD