Will Note 4's price drop when the Note 5 is released?

venom0706

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
So, do you think Note 4 will get cheaper once the Note 5 is released? I am really searching for an excuse to buy the Note 4. I just love everything about it. However, my Xperia Z2 is still 6 months old and in excellent condition. Thank you and much appreciated.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Most likely it will. Whenever a new generation of any product is released, the previous generation's price drops.

You might even want to check out the Marketplace Forum. Once the Note 5 is released, there might be members who are selling their Note 4.

Breeze7c

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Or by fluke the price will go up for the people that enjoyed the utility of their note 3 will buy a note 4 if they are stuck in Sammy world. I went to a g4 form a note three. No pin . still can sign my name to contacts order ect

Posted via the Android Central App

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Or by fluke the price will go up for the people that enjoyed the utility of their note 3 will buy a note 4 if they are stuck in Sammy world. I went to a g4 form a note three. No pin . still can sign my name to contacts order ect

Posted via the Android Central App

IF no SD slot on the Note 5 it is very possible this could happen on the used side of the market. For new devices, Samsung will probably run components down more quickly than past Notes to try and prop up Note 5 orders. The theory there is no Note 4 to compete with the Note 5 and help the return on investment timeline for their own chip fabrication investments.

I am sticking with at least a 15% hit on sales if no SD slot, but Samsung will push sell-in to retailers which is bloated numbers when filling channels with inventory. A lot of companies pull the same tactic, so not unique to Samsung. Please recall Samsung touted S6 & Edge sales and the media fell for it. It took analysts months to shift through the BS and calculate a more realistic sell through numbers to actual consumers (the numbers that really matter).

The S6 was deemed a year over year disappointment and the Note 5 would follow an even worse sales path - if no sd slot. End result is the Note 4 could have a higher than normal used market price.

daehttub

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I am also one of those hoping for a cheaper Note 4 when the Note 5 comes out. However, if Samsung "S6's" the Note 5 to eliminate the replaceable battery and Micro SD slot, I think you will find a wave of upgrades to the Note 4 from earlier Note 1 to 3 version owners. I do fear that might eliminate the need for carrier discounts to move old inventory. I was holding out for a waterproof Note but a replaceable battery plus Micro SD slot is far more critical for my road warrior needs. I hope Samsung can find a way to combine design asthetics with a replaceable battery and Micro SD card. It absolutely kills me that Samsung would sacrifice critical functionality for cosmetic appeal.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane