How often do you switch phones

wxboss

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I guess I did leave that bit of information out..I picked up a ZTE Zmax which I'm really enjoying. At first, I thought the screen size might be too big for me, but I found that it's something I've quickly adjusted to.

navYgor

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
I try to keep my phone as long as possible: until the battery is dead (less than 1 day of autonomy) or until something is dead inside the phone (like the screen or anything really useful).
I think the average is around 2.5 years/phone.
navYgor

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I try to keep my phone as long as possible: until the battery is dead (less than 1 day of autonomy) or until something is dead inside the phone (like the screen or anything really useful).
I think the average is around 2.5 years/phone.
navYgor

You have extreme discipline! :)

kevinlee2008

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
WOW! 15.... How do you transfer your data like contacts from one to another? Won't it be a trouble since you have 15 phones...

Basically, I will switch to a new phone every two years...

rgh718

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone done both and whats the difference? To me the iphone seems to stumble when not updated and the androids seems to do better. The new iphone seems to be a patch until they come out with the iphone 7. I just got the N5 but im always looking.

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I had an iPhone 5 which was my first smartphone it lasted about a year before I decided to change it to try an android phone and picked up the Note 3. The big screen didn't really fit me right so I started looking for a phone that was somewhere in between that was when I bought my first smartphone at full price been my third and current phone the Galaxy S6. I don't really find it necessary to change my phone because I want something new but because I want to find the right phone to keep for as long as the phone will last. I like technology but phones aren't really changing much this days so why change it so often.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
In a typical year I could have 6-8 phones often getting the latest Android device, I have tried at least 5 this year and right now I am waiting on the Nexus announcement before I decide on which one.

Naxow

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Once every year and a half/two years. I make sure to buy a latest high tech one so that it will endure.
Not a fan of buying one every year or more frecuently than that.

Ian Hackett1

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Reading the previous posts reminds me how I used to be with golf equipment, I switched often, resold some of my previous equipment and carried on. These days when it comes to phones I don't switch often, I have done that in the past with Blackberry devices, the cost was expensive for me. My iPhone was 3 years old last week when I made the switch to Galaxy Note 4, I plan on using the Note 4 for at least 2 years.

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm changing phone average at 3 years ;) After this time, my old is still in good condition.

I don't need to change more often. I feel after that time a big technological leap, not only small details :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy