What do you think of whatever Apple announced?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I know this is an Android forum, but I'm interested to hear your thoughts on whatever Apple announced.

Here's mine.

iPhone 6S: Kinda called it. Expected hardware upgrades though 3D Touch and the new camera do interest me quite a bit. Will be interesting to see how well the 6S holds up against hero Android devices.

iPad Pro: It's really big. Actually, I kinda dig it. Might replace my iPad 3 "Potato" with this one. But that price, though.

Apple Pencil: It's a stylus for the iPad Pro that goes for $100. Yeah, it's overpriced (like any Apple accessory), but I think it does signal one thing. That the S Pen has not gone unnoticed.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I like all of it. That new Apple TV looks really good. I'll be picking up all of the new products. I wonder if that 4K video capture will have image stabilization. It looked like it with the samples they presented. That's something Android devices haven't been able to pull off yet. That deep trench tech looks like it will help a lot with the bump in sensor size to help reduce noise. 3D touch is pretty cool. Nice way of peeking into apps, emails, texts, etc without actually opening them. That Pencil is ridiculous. If acts as a true Pencil from the pressure to the angle of the Pencil. I can't wait for the tear down to see how much RAM the iPhone 6s/6s+ has. That SoC is a freakin' beast. That WarHammer game didnt even stutter once or dropped framerate when all kinds of explosions and particles were on the screen. The M9 chip is also a welcome addition so now "Hey Siri" will always be listening without running the battery down along with other background processes. With the 4K video and 12mp stills, I'll need the 128gb iPhone 6s+. That Apple program looks enticing allowing upgrade every year with any carrier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

spawndoodling

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I can't but roll my eyes at Apple's criticism of Android for years. Now Apple has software fragmentation (iOS, TV OS, watchOS, OS), endless models of phones and tablets and smart watches at different price points, a goddamn stylus, massive screens, split-screen apps, and always-on voice recognition? I can't wait for Apple's circular, bezel-less Watch 2 *rolls eyes*

I don't (and can't) knock Apple for making great products that are marketable to wide audiences, but I never quite understood their infatuation with criticizing Android...especially when Android has driven Apple to so many of its new 'ideas.' I will, though, give credit where credit is due: Android definitely dropped the ball on fingerprint scanners and Apple definitely pushed them to add support.

I have a MB Pro Retina and it's amazing, and given the dearth of quality tablets in the Android market, I am starting to envy my friends and family with new iPads. But it also kind of pains me to see Android and Android OEMs get the short end of the stick when it comes to recognizing and appreciating innovation, especially when I would contend that Android OEMs are finally making great technology right out of the box.

Posted via the Android Central App

bnice

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Well if you're an Android user nothing Apple announce is going to impress you. Android have those features for years or something familiar. Every s line of the iPhone is a slightly added feature or upgrade and nothing substantially different..

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I have no interest in Apple products whatsoever but like most people (even though they may not admit it), I'm totally fascinated by the company.

I don't read their product reviews but I always read what they're up to.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Well if you're an Android user nothing Apple announce is going to impress you. Android have those features for years or something familiar. Every s line of the iPhone is a slightly added feature or upgrade and nothing substantially different..

Huh? I have a GS4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 and a Note 5 but I still get impressed with what Apple comes up with. Apple seems to execute some features on iOS better than Android. Their slow motion on the iPhones are better than what any Android device can do. The 4K on the new 6s seems to have image stabilization. I haven't seen any Android devices that have 4K video recording with image stabilization. The deep trench tech on the new camera sensor is new. The pressure sensitive display for the 3d Touch is something Android doesn't have.

sheba510

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I prefer Android OS and phones so I was not impressed with the new iPhone offerings. No killer app or feature that would entice me to give up my Note 5. I do have an iPad 3 which I would like to upgrade but the iPad Pro is just too big and expensive. I was hoping Apple would have a new version of the iPad Air. I guess I will just hang on to my iPad 3 a little longer.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Huh? I have a GS4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 and a Note 5 but I still get impressed with what Apple comes up with. Apple seems to execute some features on iOS better than Android. Their slow motion on the iPhones are better than what any Android device can do. The 4K on the new 6s seems to have image stabilization. I haven't seen any Android devices that have 4K video recording with image stabilization. The deep trench tech on the new camera sensor is new. The pressure sensitive display for the 3d Touch is something Android doesn't have.

I'm not sure if my G4 uses OIS when stabilizing 4K video, but my sample videos seem to indicate that it does.

But when I comes to slow-mo, I agree. My friend's 2013 iPhone 5S takes MUCH BETTER slow-mos than my 2015 LG G4. There's just very little detail lost.

bnice

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
4k been on Android for some time now. The note 3 had 4k with digital image stabilization. I'm not knocking Apple but like I said Android been doing many things before Apple and its just the truth.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
4k been on Android for some time now. The note 3 had 4k with digital image stabilization. I'm not knocking Apple but like I said Android been doing many things before Apple and its just the truth.

My Note 5's 4k doesn't have stabilization like the 1080p does. You would think they would use digital stabilization with a little cropping. It doesn't matter who does it first. It's more important who gives the best experience.

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I was pretty surprised Apple released their own version of the Microsoft Surface. IMO if you are going to spend that much money on a big iPhone then you might as well just get a Macbook or Microsoft Surface instead that can do far more than an iPad.

bnice

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I was pretty surprised Apple released their own version of the Microsoft Surface. IMO if you are going to spend that much money on a big iPhone then you might as well just get a Macbook or Microsoft Surface instead that can do far more than an iPad.

What's funny to me is they release it in a larger size knowing if they had did this to the iPad air people would say its a copy and a rip off of the Microsoft surface.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I bought the gf an iPad Air 2 last year and she isn't the kind to want to upgrade a lot so I don't believe we will be. The iPad Pro is mad expensive anyway .. Even though I would like to own it.

As for the iPhone .. I tried the 6+ just to see how Apple has changed from the past and it was a good phone but not for me. I just got a Moto X Pure Edition and really can't see myself going to iPhone.

fooferdoggie

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
I just traded to an s6 too bad I did not know the note was coming out in two weeks. but I was not really that impressed. the 3d touch may be good if apple does not limit at first like they have done for so many things. took a long time to be able to use a fingerprint for anything besides a apple app. third party keyboards still don't work well and causes crashes (thats one reason I changed phones) the screen is the same so that sucks. not a worthwhile upgrade in my book. I always have the feeling apple just gives enough to keep people hanging and nothing more. each year ios has gotten buggier and buggier and if you use ios 4 you have used ios 9 though the battery was a lot better for sure.

Rizotto

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
None of it excites me. The tablet they released is nothing new, Microsoft Surface Pro is an exceptional tablet + keyboard.

I refuse to buy into the Apple hype or products, until they do stop making everything proprietary. You pay to buy their device, and then you pay to develop on it, and then you pay and pay and pay. It's silly.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Kind of sucks. Smartphones are pretty much old technology now. The future now will be these voice enabled hub devices (e.g. Amazon Echo) controlling smart devices in our homes. I think that's what Google has planned with their new Google Hub, but I'm not sure...
It's always listening for keywords so they can collect and market. Be careful what you say around those things. Say something about terrorism and watch men in black SUV's show up at your door.

Ian Hackett1

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I do like Apple products, still using a 2010 27" iMac at home, I have the 3rd gen iPad and recently moved from iPhone 5 to Galaxy Note 4 but not everything I use has to be Apple.
The new iPad Pro looks great, the size is BIG, Apple pencil looks very cool but should be included with the iPad rather than paying an extra $99. iPad Pro will be expensive, for me a better choice would be a MacBook. I cannot see myself dropping the $$ at this time.

CaffeineBomb

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
It was a weird announcement really, to anyone that had been paying attention to rumours it was almost completely unsurprising. But almost everything was typical Apple, borrowed ideas implemented very slickly and using clear language that most consumers will both understand and remember.

iOS 9 isn't particularly impressing me so far. Noticeably slower on an iPhone 6 which is just ridiculous and I honestly don't see why the much vaunted force touch is supposedly any better than just doing those actions with a long press. For games maybe, context sensitive actions in the same time I can see the usefulness, bug other than than needless complexity and extra hardware for the sake of it.

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I can't but roll my eyes at Apple's criticism of Android for years. Now Apple has software fragmentation (iOS, TV OS, watchOS, OS), endless models of phones and tablets and smart watches at different price points, a goddamn stylus, massive screens, split-screen apps, and always-on voice recognition? I can't wait for Apple's circular, bezel-less Watch 2 *rolls eyes*

I don't (and can't) knock Apple for making great products that are marketable to wide audiences, but I never quite understood their infatuation with criticizing Android...especially when Android has driven Apple to so many of its new 'ideas.' I will, though, give credit where credit is due: Android definitely dropped the ball on fingerprint scanners and Apple definitely pushed them to add support.

I have a MB Pro Retina and it's amazing, and given the dearth of quality tablets in the Android market, I am starting to envy my friends and family with new iPads. But it also kind of pains me to see Android and Android OEMs get the short end of the stick when it comes to recognizing and appreciating innovation, especially when I would contend that Android OEMs are finally making great technology right out of the box.

Kind of summed up here.... http://www.androidauthority.com/apples-new-line-up-reflects-android-dominance-641777/