Oppo R7 Plus and Moto X Pure (Style)--I pre-ordered both!

brybelle22

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Daily I checked the oppostyle page waiting for the Oppo R7 Plus to become available for US ordering. Tired of waiting and hoping on September 2nd, I went ahead and ordered a 64G champagne trim Moto X Pure, and then 2 days later the OR7+ became available to pre-order. Using a 10% off coupon code, I pre-ordered the OR7+ with a bonus bluetooth earpiece for $450 (about $100 less than my Moto X Pure). Now I'm waiting for my Moto X to arrive on Sept 15th and my OR7+ to arrive at the end of the month. I planning on keeping one of them and returning/selling the other. My question to you Android fans is which would you keep and why? Below are my thoughts so far on the two phones; I'm hoping you guys can bring up some good points for both sides.

I realize that the OR7+ doesn't have US LTE bands (I'm holding out hope that it in fact does, because I'm seeing conflicting reports), but I tested my current phone on hspa+ for a week and I didn't miss the LTE. I also prefer stock android over the usual OEM skins (Sammy, LG, HTC), but Color OS seems unique enough (and free of extra software bells and whistles) that I'm willing to try it out. Design-wise, I've seen the basic Moto X Pure build in the Moto X 2013, 2014 and Nexus 6 so there is a lack of excitement about seeing the phone for the first time. I do like the practicality of Moto X design, but the OR7+ offers something different that I personally haven't experienced (2.5D curved glass edges, fingerprint scanner, near 80% screen to bezel ratio). Finally, I know that the newer more powerful processor is in the Moto X which is very tempting as I don't care for lag, but the OR7+ chipset has served me well in my short time with it in my Idol 3.

brybelle22

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Had this OPPO R7 Plus going on five days today. If you've considered the OR7+, here's a screen shot if my battery usage and screen on time. This 4100 Mamp battery is VERY nice. Still waiting on my Moto X, but I'm pretty sure I'm staying with the OR7+.

Attachments

• 1443563543059.jpg
    1443563543059.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 7