09-30-2015 06:06 PM
35 12
tools
    Considering how popular the iPhone has become, is there a chance that Apple could potentially have more market share than android? Meaning that android's market share would have to decrease.
    09-26-2015 06:45 PM
    Considering how popular the iPhone has become, is there a chance that Apple could potentially have more market share than android? Meaning that android's market share would have to decrease.
    I doubt it. iPhone was first and still hasn't done it. Unless they change things a lot, I don't see it. Samsung is doing a lot of things we hate, such as Knox and locking things down for a reason.. They are going after and getting a lot of the corporate business that was always strictly Apple.
    09-26-2015 06:49 PM
    Apple was popular before Android was.
    09-26-2015 06:49 PM
    Anything is possible, but I doubt if Apple will have greater market share than Android as long as iPhones are so expensive.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk
    09-26-2015 06:50 PM
    Anything is possible, but I doubt if Apple will have greater market share than Android as long as iPhones are so expensive.

I don't see them making another iPhone 5C equivalent anytime soon considering that the 5C was a flop.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-26-2015 07:06 PM

There will always be that group of people that swear by android and won't use anything else. And if Apple ever makes iOS anything like Android, I think it will loose a lot of it's user base
    09-26-2015 07:09 PM
    Yeah that 5C was crap, my niece had one.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-26-2015 07:10 PM
    I don't see them making another iPhone 5C equivalent anytime soon considering that the 5C was a flop.
    I don't either, but they'll never have the biggest market share without a cheap device. Many people cannot afford iPhones, especially in countries that don't have carrier subsidies. The inexpensive but feature filled Android devices from OEMs like Xiaomi and Huawei will also increase the Android market share.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
    09-26-2015 07:11 PM
    I don't either, but they'll never have the biggest market share without a cheap device. Many people cannot afford iPhones, especially in countries that don't have carrier subsidies. The inexpensive but feature filled Android devices from OEMs like Xiaomi and Huawei will also increase the Android market share.

And there is the fact that outside of the US, Samsung alone has the market share over Apple. That isn't even counting all the other Android phones used outside the US.
    Laura Knotek and Alex Wetzel like this.
    09-26-2015 07:14 PM

I think what will end up happening is that if Samsung doesn't fix itself, Apple will continue to slowly eat away at Samsung in the high-end phone category. And unless Samsung finds a way to incorporate a removable battery and expandable storage in an all metal design, (the latter has already been done) they will end up becoming less popular.
    09-26-2015 07:34 PM
    If we're talking US, maybe.

Worldwide, highly unlikely. Android is 75-80% and iOS is 18% or something.

Price is the main factor.

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk
    09-26-2015 07:35 PM
    I think what will end up happening is that if Samsung doesn't fix itself, Apple will continue to slowly eat away at Samsung in the high-end phone category. And unless Samsung finds a way to incorporate a removable battery and expandable storage in an all metal design, (the latter has already been done) they will end up becoming less popular.
    Looks like the S7 might have expandable storage. Personally, I have never had a phone without an SD card or battery I could change. I thought I wouldn't be ok with the Note 5 and that it wouldn't perform and be a much superior phone.

I was really wrong. I've also seen more iPhone users switch to the Note 5 than any other Note.
    09-26-2015 07:40 PM
    That won't help Apple with market share, since the majority of smartphone users don't buy devices that cost what iPhones and flagship Samsung devices cost at full retail prices.

09-26-2015 07:43 PM
    Apple has no interest in market share, they only care to own the most profitable higher end.
    09-26-2015 10:31 PM
    Apple has no interest in market share, they only care to own the most profitable higher end.
    Oh I disagree. If nothing else, their interest in market share is most definitely that they are above Samsung, if no one else.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-26-2015 10:44 PM
    Oh I disagree. If nothing else, their interest in market share is most definitely that they are above Samsung, if no one else.
    In the US maybe, not in the rest of the world.
    09-26-2015 11:12 PM
    In the US maybe, not in the rest of the world.
    No, what I was saying was, they WANT to be above Samsung. That is their interest in market share, they want to beat Samsung. They are in the US, but aren't outside the US.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-26-2015 11:30 PM
    Speaking of this thread, new article put about market share. Samsung for sure isn't very far behind Apple in the US.

http://www.sammobile.com/2015/09/25/...ts-in-q2-2015/
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-27-2015 12:18 AM
    Why are you comparing a device to an OS? Why not Android and iOS?
    09-27-2015 12:49 AM
    Why are you comparing a device to an OS? Why not Android and iOS?
    Because Samsung and iPhone are the big issues and Samsung is really the only one that iPhone is concerned with beating. iPhone has always worried about their market share vs Samsung's.
    09-27-2015 12:55 AM
    09-27-2015 12:56 AM
    Because Samsung and iPhone are the big issues and Samsung is really the only one that iPhone is concerned with beating. iPhone has always worried about their market share vs Samsung's.
    Apple isn't worried about market share. They have the high end market locked down which Samsung has lost. Samsung is also losing the low end market to Chinese rivals.
    09-27-2015 12:58 AM
    IMO the healthy competition between the two platforms will continue for a long time. There will be gains and losses to both. The daily claims by some blogs about Android uses dumping their phones for iPhones now that it has a bigger screen is equally met but not touted by the same blogs about iphone users dumping their phones for Android.

The sheer number of Android OEM's is what makes Android so attractive, there is a phone price, style, feature pack etc for every user. Why should OIS be only on a bigger phone when it could be on any phone, why should you be stuck with a 16GB base model phone that costs $600+ when you can get more from Andoid.

The recent claims that Android is a monopoly is a joke, Apple refuses to license so device manufacturers are going to the platform that does offer licensing, support and customers choice. Microsoft's windows phone has been far too little and way too late for the party. Sad, it had real potential but as Microsoft always does, they fail to recognize users needs.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-27-2015 10:23 AM
    I don't think so. The variety of android smartphones allows for more access to more people that can't pay the premium price of iPhone or other Android devices. I think the market wave will always change between iPhone or Android from time to time, but truth is that not everyone can pay a premium price for high end smartphones.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-28-2015 08:57 AM
    I doubt it. I might get a little closer to 50/50 at some point but IMO that's all. There isn't going to be just a single mobile platform. Competition will prevent there being a Windows Vista like event on mobile.
    09-28-2015 11:42 AM
35 12