New HTC 626S with 8GB of storage; only 2GB available !?

outlooker

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Got a brand new HTC 626S from T-Mobile. It comes with 8GB of internal storage, but only 2GB is available to the user. This is beyond ridiculous in 2015. If your phone's software is going to take up this much storage, than don't make a phone with just 8GB of memory! I can use a microSD for audio, pictures, and video, but apps and cache can only be in the system storage.
Is there anything I can do? Any thoughts?

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Take it back and pick up the Lg Stylo. Omg I love this phone. It's my 1st ever budget phone and really for what I do on a daily I really can't tell that much difference. $289

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
8gb is barely acceptable on a device with no bloatware for the most basic of use cases. Introduce any OEM/carrier crap and you won't even have enough storage to update the apps that come with the thing.

Geodude074

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
My first Android phone was a Samsung Galaxy Prevail, it had 50 MB of available storage.

But to answer OP's question, try rooting your phone then switching the local storage around so your phone thinks the microSD is the local storage and the internal drive is the expandable storage. I did this once way back in 2012 with a phone that only had 4 GB of internal storage but it had a microSD card slot, worked pretty well.