Keep App in Memory

kouchad

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

Is there any way of forcing Android to keep a specific app in memory and never kill it, no matter how full the RAM is? Kill any other app if necessary, but not this one?
The phone is rooted, and the Android version is 5.0.

Thank you.

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm not completely sure that's possible, but i'd do some research and see if that can even be done

Posted from the one and only Note 4

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Before we start talking about possible solutions (keep app in memory), how about we get a good description of the problem you are trying to solve?

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Before we start talking about possible solutions (keep app in memory), how about we get a good description of the problem you are trying to solve?

The OP wants to find a way to force android to keep a specific app in RAM regardless of how much RAM the system and any running apps or services are using.

Posted from the one and only Note 4

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
There isn't any method that you can do on your end, at least one I've heard of.... Some app devs can play some games to keep their process elevated. A couple I've see pop persistant notifications, which puts the process in a higher priority and less likely to be killed. But that has to be done on the application side, not the user's.

rpboronat

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
For example, the app to synchronize my Casio EQB-500 with my S6 Edge, when I restart the phone, the app doesn't open automatically or when there are a lot of Ram consumption and Android begins to close apps, one of the app Android closes is this one and my watch doesn't synchronize the time with my phone. I don't want Android closes this app. Is there any solution?

Enviado desde mi SM-G925F mediante Tapatalk

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Due to the way Android works, whether the app is in RAM or not only affects the speed, nothing else. A killed app resumes exactly where it was when it was killed (if it's written properly), so unless it's speed-critical (then it shouldn't be running on a phone), it won't matter if it's killed or not.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci