Tech fail of the Week echo or Verizon iphone?

Bronxdroid

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Whats the biggest tech fail of this past week? Sprints annoncement of a dual screen android smartphone by Kyocera which seemed to have bombed abysmally through the tech world or Iphones poor launch on Verizon. Verizon failed to attract Atat customers and droid Verizon users are smart enough not to downgrade to ios. Whats the big tech fail of the week? Im going with apples epic fail on Verizon. You?

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I would say the announcement of the Kyocera dual screen phones by Sprint.

Customers seem to be very disappointed in the Echo phone more than the IPhone release on Verizon.

Frankly, both news doesn't have the least effect on me whatsoever. I'm sporting one of HTC/Sprint best smartphone.

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Since it's only Tech Fail of the Week I'd have to say the Kyrocera Echo announcment. Whatever we might think of the iPhone, Verizon and Apple still sold 100,000's of them on day one. I wish I could "Fail " like that. :D

Got2buzz

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hands down the "Wackocera".:)

Although this isn't an "i(the other guys)" forum, in fairness they had a boat load of preorders-final sales figures may surprise. In states like North Dakota where they only can get decent "i" service from the big V, they WERE loading up. Course who in their right mind wants to go to North Dakota this time of year to do a news report?:D

All in all, we need the pressue of competition to keep one company or system from cutting the consuming public a new one.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Definitely the Echo, and here's why.

The iPhone didn't have a poor launch on Verizon, not as far as I'm concerned anyway. People made a bigger deal out of their not being huge lines at Verizon opening day. My guess is because 3/4 of the people who were waiting for it had already pre-ordered them online. When Verizon had opened up pre-orders for the iPhone, even at *3 AM* they still broke all kinds of sales records in just a couple of hours.

I'd hardly call that a poor launch.

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I predict that the Echo will be moderately successful. I think the "fail" is simply that ppeople were expecting something else with the announcement, and the hype was really self-inflicted.

Most other sites have talked about the fact that the Echo dual-screen optimization is implemented pretty well.

I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Definitely the Echo, and here's why.

The iPhone didn't have a poor launch on Verizon, not as far as I'm concerned anyway. People made a bigger deal out of their not being huge lines at Verizon opening day. My guess is because 3/4 of the people who were waiting for it had already pre-ordered them online. When Verizon had opened up pre-orders for the iPhone, even at *3 AM* they still broke all kinds of sales records in just a couple of hours.

I'd hardly call that a poor launch.

That, and in most of the country the temperatures were sub-freezing, making it impossible for the lines that we usually see in July.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone's Verizon launch was very successful... and we will have to wait awhile to see hard sales numbers.

The Echo is clearly a device aimed at the hard-core users, but they have so far responded with, at best, a passing interest. Everyone on Sprint is just waiting for an Evo 2.

storm14k

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Just my .02...I'd say the iPhone launch may very well be a failure in terms of living up to the hype. You have to remember this is supposed to be more than just some decent sales for them. Its supposed to be what stops Android in the U.S. But what may possibly be happening is that rather than adding more market share will just suffer the same diluting effect as Android. If that occurs they now have a PR nightmare where theres no longer any scapegoat like AT&T exclusivity to try to blame for Android desirability.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Just my .02...I'd say the iPhone launch may very well be a failure in terms of living up to the hype. You have to remember this is supposed to be more than just some decent sales for them. Its supposed to be what stops Android in the U.S. But what may possibly be happening is that rather than adding more market share will just suffer the same diluting effect as Android. If that occurs they now have a PR nightmare where theres no longer any scapegoat like AT&T exclusivity to try to blame for Android desirability.

What hype? There wasn't hype about the iPhone going on sale, the hype was about it coming to Verizon. (and most of that had to do with existing customers)

The real gauge won't come until June/July, when the next version goes on sale.

(oh, and Apple isn't concerned with stopping Android because they know they can't. What they're concerned with is getting as many users as they can onto the platform and using that to their advantage. If you think this is about Apple stopping Android, then you don't know Steve Jobs or Apple well enough to comment.)

rjdangerous

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Verizon launch was not weak. Alot of people that wanted iphones but are on verizon are stuck in contracts with androids.

If the iphone came out on verizon before the droidx and incredible droid would not be so popular.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm not thrilled at all with the Flyer, either. It's not running Honeycomb, and it's so customized I'm doubting HTC's ability to bring a timely update to Honeycomb for it. This is probably the most skinned version of Android we've ever seen on a tablet or on a phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX