Kinoma Play for Android beta

anon(172897)

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

We've had tons of requests for an Android version, so I wanted to share some exciting news here:

• We've announced Kinoma Play for Android. You can sign up now to get your hands on the beta: kinoma.com
Let us know if you have any questions!

-- Charles Wiltgen

Gameboy70

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
This is fantastic news. Kinoma Play absolutely destroys any media play currently on Android. I went back to my Treo Pro twice between Android devices, more for Kinoma Play than Windows Mobile.

I guess the death of Palm OS, Symbian and Windows Mobile (both replace by WP7) left Kinoma with no alternative, since KP was only available on those platforms.

KP running on a Nexus One: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t84PDXQJ7eQ&NR=1

Reactions: anon(172897)

Ali Fazel

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Watched it. Still not really sure what it is or what it has to offer for Android. From what I saw, my phone can already do all of that and just as easily. Oh, except for the part where the icons can play videos. I'm missing that extremely useful feature :p

motoprof

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yup, watched the video and tapped my foot to the tune, but still not sure what it does.

When I go to the website, it says "Notify me when Kinoma Play for Android beta is available"

So, is it ready or is it close to ready?

Last edited:

Clak

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Gotta say that video told me nothing basically, still don't know what this is for. Looks like an app drawer or something to me.

Tre Lawrence

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Multimedia app... pics, music, video player in one. Think of your gallery, mp3 player and camcorder (player) managed from the same app.

Sounds great to me, but I tend to like convergence.

flash4yish

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Gotta say that video told me nothing basically, still don't know what this is for. Looks like an app drawer or something to me.
The press release gives more specifics in regard to Andriod development/integration possibilities.... But most useful, for developers and manufacturers. The end user would see the benefit(s) down-the-road so to speak.

If they can do for Android what they did for Windows Mobile(older versions), Then I can't wait to get our hands on that SDK they are promising to make "available."

This will be a "good" thing for everyone...

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
My question is for those that already purchased a license for WinMo... will we see a discount on this app? Is there any talk of cost yet? With all the great multimedia players out there for Android, price will be VERY important. Kinoma is a FANTASTIC "full meal deal" for local media (videos, music, pictures) as well as streaming radio stations. I had this running DAILY on my old HTC Touch and loved it.

Here's hoping that Kinoma's foray into Android does not disappoint.

brownhornet

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
This will be the best media player on Android. I had it on windows mobile and loved it. It plays pretty much every type of media, allows you to stream orb and quite a few other things.

anon(172897)

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
My question is for those that already purchased a license for WinMo... will we see a discount on this app?
We'll share cross-grades details as we get closer to release.

Kinoma is a FANTASTIC "full meal deal" for local media (videos, music, pictures) as well as streaming radio stations. I had this running DAILY on my old HTC Touch and loved it.
Glad to hear it, thanks!

-- Charles Wiltgen

Formula84

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised, but please sign up for the beta at kinoma.com and let us know. I find that it runs smoother on my EVO than the production folks were able to capture on video via a simulator.

-- Charles Wiltgen

Thanks Charles, I was a loyal WM user and look forward to a great Android release. Just to clarify, to sign up for beta you go to kinoma.com check the box to notify me when beta is available enter email and thats it right?

I have a Samsung Epic 4g, made the switch from touch pro 2 and have been missing kinoma for a long time now.

anon(172897)

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Just to clarify, to sign up for beta you go to kinoma.com check the box to notify me when beta is available enter email and thats it right?
Exactly. We use double-opt-in to make sure that people can only register themselves, so you'll get a confirmation email that asks you to click a link to confirm.

I have a Samsung Epic 4g, made the switch from touch pro 2 and have been missing kinoma for a long time now.
You're going to really enjoy it on your Android phone.

-- Charles Wiltgen

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21