Now I think some of you might relate to this. tablets usually don't have specific uses, yet we buy them anyways. I see them around when i walk into stores and there is just something about them. I know I'm going to use my phone and labtop for most things, but for some reason I want a tablet. I don't really know why. I just like the way they look and how they're thin and sleek. Would you say that's a good enough reason for yourself to buy one?

I might watch some netflix and youtube on it just for fun. And I might play some tablet specific games. But for the most part, I just want one just to collect one. And it has to be a good, quality one.
    11-17-2015 04:07 AM
    I know the feeling exactly. They are attractive devices. The Nexus 7 is still available in the UK, for surprisingly low prices, and it's still one of the best tablets. What are we going to do?

Update two days later: I grabbed one, while they're still available. Superb-o.
    11-17-2015 02:33 PM
    I agree that tablets are basically a redundant device considering your phone can do 99-100% of what a tablet can do, and of course if you have a laptop, you can do anything you need as well. But you need to look at how you use your devices; Do you read a lot? Do you like to play games? Do you travel a lot? All those things are perfect for a tablet! Both my wife and I travel a lot for work and I couldn't imagine not having my tablet while waiting at the airport, sitting on the airplane or just hanging out in the hotel rooms. Even just sitting on the couch it's easier and more comfortable than using a laptop Tablets are way better for reading than your phone is, and a laptop is overkill for that. Plus gaming is great and watching netflix or whatever is perfect.

I think you'll find that you don't turn on your laptop near as much when you have a tablet sitting around.
    belodion likes this.
    11-20-2015 05:24 PM
    I have an iPad Mini, which seems to hold me over for now. Until Android starts supporting windowing on Nexus tablets, I'm going to hold off buying.

But darn, they are pretty.
    11-20-2015 09:44 PM
    Try to resist the desire to get one - you admit you don't actually need it, it's a bit like kitchen gadgets,
    you use them a couple of times then they gather dust in the cupboard.
    11-25-2015 05:45 AM
    I have an Android phone and and ipad. Use both regular. The ipad is great for youtube and video. Also they are great to pick up and use purely because phone batteries are rubbish. You get home with your phone and start to use it for hardcore youtubing and your battery will be finished. Ipad batteries seem to last forever.

Posted via Sony xperia z2
    11-25-2015 11:06 AM
    Was in the same boat. Just wanted one. It was a want not a need. I live in a very small apartment and am basically never more than a few steps away from either my phone or just jumping on my computer. But I bought a Tab S 10.5 on a payment plan from Verizon and honestly regretted it and paid it off as soon as possible because I rarely use it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-25-2015 05:57 PM
    At one time, I also "needed" a tablet. Fast forward to today - I haven't touched my Nexus 7 in months.
    11-25-2015 06:39 PM
    Tablets are mostly used for two reasons: watch videos and play games. If you are a fan of these two, then you should get tablet.
    For games, it's fine. But movies? I don't see how it's better than my tv or laptop. It's hard to hold it. Maybe I'd need a stand or something. And I can't connect to Netflix.
    11-25-2015 09:14 PM
    Was in the same boat. Just wanted one. It was a want not a need. I live in a very small apartment and am basically never more than a few steps away from either my phone or just jumping on my computer. But I bought a Tab S 10.5 on a payment plan from Verizon and honestly regretted it and paid it off as soon as possible because I rarely use it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Man that's what seems to be the case for everyone. I think tablets should all just be full laptops that are hybrids but do everything a labtop does, but is also a touch screen. Otherwise, this is nothing more than a poor mans tweener product.
    11-25-2015 09:15 PM