Admit it - you judge people by their phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
OK, you're not a bad person for doing it, but c'mon, there's something in the back of your head when you see someone has an iPhone, right? As opposed to if they had the latest Android flagship.

And what about if they're rockin' a budget phone, or a model that come out three years ago? Or a Windows Phone or Blackberry? 😕

You can come clean here. We're all friends. 😉

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I would have to say not really. A lot of friends / family have iPhones since I recommend it for them -- simply because they don't want to mess with Android and just want it simple. Such as my parents don't know about closing apps but they don't have to. I can't say I am surprised when I see someone with an iPhone.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I couldn't care less about what phone someone else has.
I was that guy with the ancient phone.
I know lots of folks with a Windows phone.

Swaggy P

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Yes phones are a tool that people use to judge one another. It actually tells a lot about your lifestyle. It does not tell if you're a good person or a bad person. But it does create a divide amongst us. For instance I have a good friend who has a 7 dollar phone that doesn't get apps. It's a dumb phone. Then I have other friends that are big iphone fans. It's a big part of who they are and how they choose to represent themselves. When I told them that my friend with the dumb phone said he knows more than ''Sir'' they laughed their tails off for 10 minutes, drenched in puddles of tears. And I'm not making this stuff up.

So someone that has a a phone from 3 years ago, either is poor, or just doesn't care about technology. Chances are that they don't just have an old phone because they love their old phone more. Either way, it tells a lot about a persons lifestyle and how they value technology. It doesn't change whether or not they are a good person.

But people with flip phones and dumb phones are either really poor, or are hippies. Or they're really old fashioned and out of touch. So yes, I would say that I judge people for their phone. That was why I bought an Iphone 6s. I really liked that Samsung s6 galaxy edge and the way it looked. But deep down I knew that the iphone was the one being endorsed by celebrities and I didn't want my friends to give me fits. I wanted to have a cool device. Sadly, I admit our phones are becoming who we are.

PS: on the other hand I have another friend who hates iphones with a passion. Every time he sees someone with one, he makes a bold comment on what he thinks about iphones. He has a strong passion for hating iphones.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
If we're judging people from their phones our society has regressed.

Basically all I see is the same few phones, iPhone 6, or iPhone 5s (or 4). At least in my travels it's like 10/1 iPhone to Android, I do take notice mostly because I'm curious to see if anyone else is using an Android. I really don't understand it but it is what it is. I have Apple everything else but just don't get the fuss over their phones.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
But people with flip phones and dumb phones are either really poor, or are hippies. Or they're really old fashioned and out of touch. So yes, I would say that I judge people for their phone. That was why I bought an Iphone 6s. I really liked that Samsung s6 galaxy edge and the way it looked. But deep down I knew that the iphone was the one being endorsed by celebrities and I didn't want my friends to give me fits. I wanted to have a cool device. Sadly, I admit our phones are becoming who we are.

I'm really hoping this post is an early April Fool's joke.

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't say I judge people based on their phones, but I do like to see what other people use. And I always see what kind of phones the characters on my TV shows use.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
So someone that has a a phone from 3 years ago, either is poor, or just doesn't care about technology. Chances are that they don't just have an old phone because they love their old phone more. Either way, it tells a lot about a persons lifestyle and how they value technology. It doesn't change whether or not they are a good person.

But people with flip phones and dumb phones are either really poor, or are hippies. Or they're really old fashioned and out of touch.

Not necessarily. Maybe phones just don't interest them that much. As long as their phones do what they need, they don't care if they have the latest and greatest. They might have other interests.

It might not be an issue of money. They might spend lots of money on other things.

Phones are becoming commodities anyway, like computers and TVs have long been.

In a few years, something else will be the new trend that only certain early adopters will have, and it won't be a phone.

That's how things always go with any technology.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I have an LG G4 now. My previous phone was a Motorola flip phone. Top of the line in 1996. It did everything I needed: phone calls, text messages, calculator, games. Yes, I said phone calls. :) And the battery charge lasted days!

Why did I upgrade? Because I got a letter from ATT saying that they were phasing out the old equipment that supported that 2G(?) phone. Other than that, this software engineer would still be using that old phone since it did everything I wanted it to do. Has my G4 improved my life. Sure. Has it greatly improved my life. Not even close.

Swaggy P

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Not necessarily. Maybe phones just don't interest them that much. As long as their phones do what they need, they don't care if they have the latest and greatest. They might have other interests.

It might not be an issue of money. They might spend lots of money on other things.

Phones are becoming commodities anyway, like computers and TVs have long been.

In a few years, something else will be the new trend that only certain early adopters will have, and it won't be a phone.

That's how things always go with any technology.

Well what you have to understand is phones aren't phones anymore. They are universal devices. I don't see any gadget replacing a phones are universal right now. They do everything. I don't see anything replacing a smartphone except a smarter phone.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't

Actually I've always thought if apple would make an android phone it would be cool as he!!

Posted via the Android Central App

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I couldn't care less what phones other people are using. Some friends have Androids, a few IPhones and (mostly 5s) and we never discuss anything about it

Phones are a personal choice and everyone has different opinions on it

lions_lair

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I don't judge people, by their phone. But, to me, there is a certain kind of person, that will be an iPhone user, or an android user. I'm android, all the way. I can spot an iPhone user, a mile away. I'm right about 90% of the time. I work in peoples homes, doing hvac. When the homeowners come to the door, I size them up. Most people have their phone on the counter, so it's obvious, without asking. I love to show iphone users, what the note3 will do. They are awed, at the note3. They had no idea a phone could do what the note does.

Swaggy P

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I don't judge people, by their phone. But, to me, there is a certain kind of person, that will be an iPhone user, or an android user. I'm android, all the way. I can spot an iPhone user, a mile away. I'm right about 90% of the time. I work in peoples homes, doing hvac. When the homeowners come to the door, I size them up. Most people have their phone on the counter, so it's obvious, without asking. I love to show iphone users, what the note3 will do. They are awed, at the note3. They had no idea a phone could do what the note does.

Can't an iphone do everything a note can do?

Swaggy P

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Lol... um. No, not even close. Your kidding, right?

No. Tell me 3 things a Note can do. But things I actually can understand. Because pardon me, but my friends told me that an Iphone was the best phone in the world. And they said it's a fact, not an opinion. Even though I admit they had no reasoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol