How would I cope with being the only Android user among family and friends of nothing but iPhones/iOS devices? I REALLY want the new LG V10 but the only thing that's stopping me is the practicality and convenience of iMessage (especially group chats), FaceTime, AirDrop, as well as swapping phone chargers, and implementation with various Apple products like the Apple TV. I know Android has its own (and probably better) suite of similar apps that play nice with iOS, but I'd rather not have everyone install a specific Android-friendly app just for me.

I've been an iPhone user since 2008 and have since increasingly grown tired of the rather archaic system, but at the same time I don't know if it's worth leaving that sort of "iOS ecosystem" that everyone I know is in. Any advice?
    11-27-2015 02:46 PM
    Jump in. Normally you have a trial period of 14 days or so. Give the phone a test drive and see what you think.

Apple and Android are both great for different reasons. Best way to find out is to try one.

Posted via the Android Central App
    srkmagnus likes this.
    11-27-2015 03:09 PM
    FaceTime / Air Drop would be the only ones you would all need a 3rd-party app to use since they are Apple driven. iMessage is nice but once your phone number isn't registered with it anymore it will just make the group conversation a normal text message. I use group messages all the time with family and they have iPhones.
    11-27-2015 05:04 PM
    FaceTime / Air Drop would be the only ones you would all need a 3rd-party app to use since they are Apple driven. iMessage is nice but once your phone number isn't registered with it anymore it will just make the group conversation a normal text message. I use group messages all the time with family and they have iPhones.
    Gotcha. Just ordered an LG v10, super excited!
    srkmagnus likes this.
    11-27-2015 10:10 PM
    Just move your group chats to Hangouts, it's available on iOS and may be pre-installed on the V10.
    11-28-2015 07:15 AM
    Just move your group chats to Hangouts, it's available on iOS and may be pre-installed on the V10.
    The problem is that the OP doesn't want to have everyone on iOS install Hangouts. I would agree that it's a good alternative to iMessage if everyone else is open to it.

OP, let us know how you like the V10 or if there are any questions. A few resources that will help you get started:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...ml#post4762901
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...e-android.html
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...-lollipop.html - This is a must read.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    11-28-2015 10:26 AM
    I know the feeling, I'm using the 6s+ as the daily driver. I'm doing the test drive with Samsung & this note 5 is really tempting

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-29-2015 05:02 AM
    Hello,

I think you make a good choice to change to Android :-).

To be more serious, you will have a 5-6 days period to learn how to use an androphone. It is not very different from an iPhone but there is a lot of things that it is not intuitive for an iOS user. My mother moved from iOS to Android and have some troubles to understand some Android subtilities.

Regards,
    11-30-2015 05:45 PM
    Be the rebel!!!!
    12-01-2015 11:51 AM
    Gotcha. Just ordered an LG v10, super excited!
    Hope you are prepared - the V10 is freaking HUGE - got one and I had to trade it in for a G4 - it was a beautiful phone but way to big for me - Good Luck
    12-08-2015 04:24 PM