What was Samsung thinking

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
It was bad enough that samsung took out the SD card and the removable battery.
And I know everybody wanted a phone with metal sides.
But they also made the phone narrower.
Guess everybody has small hands and can't hold on to anything. But I like the wider phones .
Makes life much easier.
Seen a bunch of police officers that has the Note 4 and use it all day in their line of work everyday.
They don't want to loose the wider screen either. Said it would make their job harder on them.
I see person after person that would like the faster processor of the S6 and the better camera.
But they will not leave their S4 or S5 or note 4 and go to the S6 or Note 5 cause they made the screen narrower.
They like the wider screen on the older phones so you can see the letters easier.

Got to say, I was looking at people using their older phones that worked at Phone stores and it made me miss my Old Samsung S5.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Phones are getting "smaller" while keeping the larger displays. It's not just Samsung, everyone else is reducing the width of their phones as well as thickness.

VilleI

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
As a hacker-minded person I really like the phone to have an sd card optionality, but I can imagine why they took it away. Less moving parts and less people hacking into the phones.

Ujini

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Still holding on to my galaxy s4, it's still running strong. I hope to keep this phone running as long as physically possible... although I've begun getting the "Sim error" issue that has plagued many s4 users.

To me, this phone is nearly perfect. Great size and power. And swappable battery has saved me in many situations. I don't like carrying around a heavy external battery.

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Still holding on to my galaxy s4, it's still running strong. I hope to keep this phone running as long as physically possible... although I've begun getting the "Sim error" issue that has plagued many s4 users.

To me, this phone is nearly perfect. Great size and power. And swappable battery has saved me in many situations. I don't like carrying around a heavy external battery.
I would take rapid charging over swappable battery

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

The S7E has a very, very nice size battery. A lot of memory. Fast processor. SD card. Very bright screen. Had mine since the 2nd day of the release. Coming from a S6 it's a nice change. Especially the battery and speed of the phone.
The keyboard is larger & nicer too. With the UAG case it really made it a nicer phone too.
My OL had my older S5. She said going from the S5 to the S6 is better battery life. And a lot faster phone. And she can hear better on it.

Ya ought to come out of that hole and take a look at the new S7E.
It might impress you , if ya can find one.
Right now Best Buy is offering a wireless chargers with one.

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
Samsung always tries to overcome Apple. Firstly Apple introduced fingerprint sensor Samsung also did the same and now this no memory card slot. I always appreciate Apple for their new innovative ideas and technology.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2