How great is Google Cardboard?

bo_woods

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Whose tried it? and what do you think?

I would think that since it's been awhile there'd be a nice plethora of good VR content.

Also do the Samsung Gear VR & Google Cardboard headsets run the same VR aps and games?

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I got a sunnypeak unit and it's pretty fun I wouldn't get one made out of cardboard but the software selection is good and devs have Done really creative stuff, like discovery vr.

Posted from my Nexus 6/Nexus 7 2013/Surface Pro 3

bo_woods

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I got a sunnypeak unit and it's pretty fun I wouldn't get one made out of cardboard but the software selection is good and devs have Done really creative stuff, like discovery vr.

With a good headset, do you think its just as good as the gear VR?

bo_woods

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I just wonder if the experience is going to be any better on one Google cardboard headset to the other in ways other than comfort. Like do some have better field of view, responsiveness, etc.

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I just wonder if the experience is going to be any better on one Google cardboard headset to the other in ways other than comfort. Like do some have better field of view, responsiveness, etc.

Well definitely look for one with padding by the eye pieces and MAKE SURE IT FITS YOUR PHONE.

VilleI

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
Google Cardboard is fun. Of course it is nothing near for example oculus rift but this is a lot cheaper and not dissappointing :cool:

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I grabbed one of the Star Wars units from Verizon yesterday, played with it today and thought it was pretty neat. It's a cool idea and if they follow through on the virtual field trips for schools it can be a very versatile tool in that manner.

bbrosius

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
It's a pretty cool idea at this point, and fun to show to friends. But there is a lack of interesting apps holding it back at this point.

Prophet1111

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I tried this with but my friend's phone.
It was very interesting, unfortunetely the phone's dpi was too low for this. It's a great idea though!

But I would definetely try this with some high dpi phone! Maybe Sony Xperia Z Premium? :D

LukeCloudRail

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
I have found that my Google Cardboard has become a "show off" device as opposed to something I use.

When I first got it I remember being amazed by it for about two hours, including watching Adventure Time through it. The problem is though, is how used I am to multitasking. And I think this is the bigger problem with VR. When I'm watching a TV show, playing a video game, or whatever, I also want to be aware of the world around me incase an important email, text message, or call comes in. I think many people think the same way as well. And this is what I think could hold back Google Cardboard, and any other VR headset.

On the other hand, one thing that must be done with a Google Cardboard set is playing Vanguard (which you can find in the play store)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85