Nexus 5x or Oneplus 2

TristanAZ

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
Long time reader on the forums here, just want some input on my situation.

So, I have been using a Oneplus 2 for the past month, and I just got a Nexus 5x during the black Friday deal. I'm using the Nexus now and just feeling it out and I like it just as much as the Oneplus.

Here's the thing... I'm going to need to either
a) return the Nexus/sell it

b) sell the Oneplus 2.

I'm not sure which one to keep, and I just wanted to reach out to the community and see what you would all choose. It's tough, both have their positives and negatives, and I'm wanting to keep the one that will last (future proof). Thanks everybody!

Posted via the Android Central App

jellmoo#WN

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
Do you need more storage: OnePlus 2
Do you want lightning fast updates: Nexus 5X
Are you using, or plan to use Project Fi: Nexus 5X
Do you like a larger display: OnePlus 2
Do you want to use your device for payments: Nexus 5X
Is Fast Charging important to you: Nexus 5X
Do you prefer capacitive buttons: OnePlus 2
Do you do a lot of gaming on your device: OnePlus 2
Do you want to take *better* pictures: Nexus 5X
Do you want to take "faster" pictures: OnePlus 2

It really is all about what you prefer in a device. Figure out what the 3 most important aspects of a phone are to you, and then decide which device is better at them.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I loved my OnePlus One but I've used neither the OnePlus 2 nor the Nexus 5X. That being said, I would choose the 5X over the 2 because of NFC. Using Android Pay is out of the question with the 2.

TristanAZ

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for input everybody. I think one of my biggest hangups right now with the Nexus is the 2 Gb of RAM. Do you feel like that will really cripple it moving forward, or am I putting too much thought into it?

whippingcandy

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
I've only seen the OnePlus 2 on YouTube reviews but I'd go for the Nexus as well. I'd say the Nexus is likely to be more future proof too, not least because of the NFC which is almost certain to become increasingly popular.

jellmoo#WN

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
Honestly, RAM is rarely the roadblock on an Android device. All it means is that apps will be cycled out of memory and need to be restarted more often, making app launches a little longer every once in a while. Unless you routinely play heavy 3D games, you probably will rarely notice the difference.

For example, when I had my Note 4, I found my Nexus 5 to be much snappier overall (3GB of RAM in the Note 4, 2GB in the Nexus 5). Software optimization can absolutely make a ton of difference as well, and Google will be supporting the Nexus 5X for at least 2 years with updates.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance