My wife and I take a bunch of pictures and videos... and she uses them in things like shutterfly albums and edits together videos of holidays, day trips, etc. A while back, she had to go into Photos on her laptop and download everything local, unzip it, etc... she was never too keen on the process, thought it was pain (I agree). Then Google updated Drive so that people can see those pictures and videos from Photos... this was GREAT... I loaded Drive on her laptop and once the files backed up on her phone, they'd get sync'd down to her laptop.. she wouldn't have to do a thing.. the files were all there.

Up until a couple of weeks ago.

Last week, she complained that none of her videos were getting backed up. I grabbed her phone and loaded Photos... they got backed up just fine. But when I went over to the laptop and looked inside the december folder.. nope. No videos, only pictures. The last time a backed up video in Photos made it over to Drive was 12/5. If I MANUALLY upload a video into Photos, say from photos.google.com on my laptop, it shows up in Google Drive pretty quickly... only the automatically uploaded videos appear to be affected. All photos show up everywhere... no issues there.

I checked my account... no new videos. I asked around and one person also saw the same thing.

If anyone uses the feature in Drive, could they go in and check for recent videos and if they show up in Drive under the Google Photos section?
    12-28-2015 12:42 PM
    In checking my own Google Photos and Drive, I find that the Screenshots folder has been backing up, though set not to do so. I only switch on Backup to perform a backup, then switch off. One photo taken today had backed up, though Backup was not on. When I switched on to backup three particular photos taken a few days ago, I got the Backup Complete message instantly, but without any actual backup of those photos. Manually backing up those photos to Drive works, but I can't move them from My Drive to Google Photos.

A brief test video backed up okay, but is not as yet visible anywhere in Drive.
    12-28-2015 01:41 PM
    I can confirm the videos not showing up in Drive, but can be found in Photos.
    12-28-2015 03:44 PM
    Just giving an update on the issue... Google contacted me asking me if I still had the issue and to give them some video URLs if there is still a problem... I go into Drive to check and lo and behold! Starting on 12/30, videos are now showing up in Drive again, alongside my pictures. I've checked a couple of accounts and they are all syncing properly again.

See.. not everything takes months to get fixed.
    01-05-2016 10:57 AM