Does your smartphone allow lanyard attachment?

d7v7d

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
One of the first things I did after receiving my first ever smartphone, a moto g, was to modify the case in order to optionally attach a small lanyard corded to clothing. In my case the most likely situation that becomes an issue is when I ride ski lifts but there are a list of other situations. Like running while having a phone in say an open sweatshirt pocket or those that want a neck cord with smartphone in a breast pocket or someone riding a bike while making a call. Then posted the following thread that might help other moto g owners:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-g-2015/626114-securing-moto-g-attachment-loop.html

Quickly looking at a few cell phone models at a store, I noticed they also did not have an obvious way to attach such a safety cord? Thus manufacturers apparently expect users that want that option to simply buy an external case that allows access to the screen and all ports and buttons. A case that simply protects without allowing access is not a solution because once removed to make a call, a phone can be dropped. Of course pros and cons for using a case has long been a discussed personal choice issue with a primary con that it makes the appliance size larger.

So considering the large number of Android models members of this board must have, am curious whether the model you own has a way to attach a lanyard?

Would you like to see this kind of tiny feature added to smartphone cases?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My current phone doesn't and I wouldn't want it on my next phone.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't know that any of my phones has.
Another feature omitted is a sliding shutter or similar, to protect the camera lens.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
No, mine does not have this.

The last device with that feature that I owned was a BlackBerry 9000, and I never used it then. I wouldn't use it in the future.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I remember one of my Samsung flip phones had the lanyard hole and I used them with some cameras. Wouldn't use a lanyard with a large phone.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I ski a lot and I'd be interested in a case for that very specific activity, nothing I'd use on a regular basis however. Having the phone out on a cold day with cold hands on a lift is scary at best. G4 is my phone for now.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Correction to my post above: My Nokia Lumia 1020 has an eye for a lanyard. I misremembered it as being in the case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy