01-13-2016 04:25 PM
37 12
tools
    01-07-2016 04:07 PM
    Want to no what this means for Motorola's future. Not sure if this is good or bad? Lenovo to phase out Motorola brand for smartphones in favor of Moto and Vibe | Android Central

Posted via Android Central App
    01-07-2016 04:13 PM
    Do we know what the new logo looks like?
    01-07-2016 04:13 PM
    It means that they're re-branding them, nothing more. If you read the article, Motorola doesn't disappear... but the branding on the phones, instead of being Motorola, will now be Moto.

We already call them that, anyway!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-07-2016 04:20 PM
    "The article adds that phones like the recentMoto X*will now feature the blue Lenovo logo. They will also still retain the classic Motorola batwing-like "M" logo."
    Hold, on, so now MOTO flag ships will have more of the festering crap that is Lenovo on it? It was great for a while, moto, but I'm afraid I'm probably not gonna stick around to see the horrendous lenovo skin on my phone and my moto g becoming a vibe g, because it certainly is not high end.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-07-2016 04:34 PM
    I read the article but didn't fully understand it. Doesn't sound good to me. Kinda puts me off getting a moto phone now :/ Don't want Lenovo stuff on the phone just want moto stuff.

01-07-2016 06:11 PM
    If the phones remain solid, I could care less if there is an M or L on it

weatherlover1 and ScottsoNJ like this.
    01-07-2016 06:56 PM
    My interest in ever owning a Motorola (Moto) phone is waning with Lenovo acquiring it.
    01-08-2016 07:00 AM
    Sad. The Motorola brand has more prestige in mobile devices than Lenovo does. I hope the device quality doesn't suffer.
    01-08-2016 07:55 AM
    I feel a similar sadness over Nokia.
    dmark44 likes this.
    01-08-2016 11:59 AM
    Motorola hasn't been the same after Google sold it. What a shame because the original moto x was groundbreaking with active display and advanced voice commands.

01-08-2016 12:06 PM
    Motorola hasn't been the same after Google sold it. What a shame because the original moto x was groundbreaking with active display and advanced voice commands.

Moto Assist - the calendar stuff gets baked into stock Android.
    Moto Display - Google comes up with Ambient display.

Moto brought some good stuff to Android and now Google is letting the Nexus have it.
    01-08-2016 12:43 PM
    I read the article but didn't fully understand it. Doesn't sound good to me. Kinda puts me off getting a moto phone now :/ Don't want Lenovo stuff on the phone just want moto stuff.

Lenovo software? or Lenovo logos?
    01-08-2016 12:46 PM
    Hold, on, so now MOTO flag ships will have more of the festering crap that is Lenovo on it? It was great for a while, moto, but I'm afraid I'm probably not gonna stick around to see the horrendous lenovo skin on my phone and my moto g becoming a vibe g, because it certainly is not high end.
    Quite frankly, I don't care if it's called Moto G or Vibe - all that matters is how good the phone is for the price. If they keep it close to stock, I'm sure it'll be fine, no matter what they call it.

Moto Assist - the calendar stuff gets baked into stock Android.
    Moto Display - Google comes up with Ambient display.

Moto brought some good stuff to Android and now Google is letting the Nexus have it.
    Right, but the driving assist portion of Moto Assist never got "baked in" to stock/Nexus devices, and apparently Motorola is removing Assist from their Marshmallow build. Now that's disappointing.
    01-08-2016 03:42 PM
    Right, but the driving assist portion of Moto Assist never got "baked in" to stock/Nexus devices, and apparently Motorola is removing Assist from their Marshmallow build. Now that's disappointing.
    Assist is gone.

But Driving Mode is in Moto Voice now.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-08-2016 04:04 PM
    Quite frankly, I don't care if it's called Moto G or Vibe - all that matters is how good the phone is for the price. If they keep it close to stock, I'm sure it'll be fine, no matter what they call it.
    As long as their next is "Nexus-like with thoughtful Moto enhancements", the products will be fine.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-08-2016 04:07 PM
    It is not really the vibe branding that bothers me, it is that Lenovo, a company who in my personal opinion truly suck are putting their brand onto Motorola phones. When Google sold Motorola, before I ever had anything Moto have made, I was sad knowing that Lenovo would probably ruin Moto and turn it into another IBM, take the products, put their name on it and claim they came up with everything.
    01-08-2016 04:26 PM
    It is not really the vibe branding that bothers me, it is that Lenovo, a company who in my personal opinion truly suck are putting their brand onto Motorola phones. When Google sold Motorola, before I ever had anything Moto have made, I was sad knowing that Lenovo would probably ruin Moto and turn it into another IBM, take the products, put their name on it and claim they came up with everything.
    IBM sold their products to Lenovo. Not sure where you're perceiving this "claim they came up with everything" attitude from Lenovo.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-08-2016 04:46 PM
    01-08-2016 05:14 PM
    Thanks for posting this. Looks like the tech blogs overreacted. Again.
    01-08-2016 09:00 PM
    Told dad about this & he said it means Motorola are struggling. Hope not.

01-10-2016 12:04 PM
    Told dad about this & he said it means Motorola are struggling. Hope not.

They've been struggling.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    01-10-2016 12:05 PM
    They've been struggling.

So what's gonna happen to there phones & service etc if they go?

01-10-2016 03:22 PM
    So what's gonna happen to there phones & service etc if they go?

They are safe with Lenovo.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-10-2016 05:23 PM
    I'm concerned. http://www.zdnet.com/article/so-long...arger-screens/

01-12-2016 10:19 AM
37 12