What's your preferred SMS App?

Muzzii

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
can you mute group conversations in Google Messenger?

Does Chomp allow you to mute group messages?

Can you mute group conversations with hangouts? Also, can you use it to send texts etc?

Last edited by a moderator:

Greatsrj23

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I have been using Hangouts for a couple of years now. My sister got me to use it because then it doesn't count as texting. I like having SMS show up in there as well so it doesn't really feel like i'm using a different app. I did however almost stop using it last night for SMS. It somehow created an SMS account for me. So if I wanted to send a text I had to switch accounts to SMS. If I wanted to send a Hangouts message I had to switch to my google account. I was so mad because I heard they were going to be messing with how SMS works with the app supposedly to get people to use the regular text app. I was able to fix the issue but now i'm thinking about trying another app just for texting. I probably won't stick with it because it will become annoying but I think i'm going to try Textra again. I did use it for a bit before Hangouts and I remember liking it a lot.

vineydhiman

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
There are lots of messaging apps which you can use. These are my personal best: Facebook Messenger, Skype, Google Hangouts, Textra, Telegram, Snowball, Tango, MySMS, Dasher Messenger, Viber, Line, BBM, Razer Comms, Kik, QKSMS, EvolveSMS, MightyText, Signal Private Messenger, Chomp SMS, Google Messenger

metall0099

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
Maybe someone can help me on a choice. I have been a hardcore apple boy for a long time. Bought a tab S2 a couple of days a go and love it. Problem is, and I've read this is a common problem, getting out of the Apple eco system. I plan on getting a galaxy note 5 real soon, but I am going to miss messaging from my mac, phone, and tablet. Is there any apps that can send sms synced on all those devices? I was looking at google hangouts. Anything will help. I'm really new to the android os.

Thanks,
Metall0099

Posted via the Android Central App

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Maybe someone can help me on a choice. I have been a hardcore apple boy for a long time. Bought a tab S2 a couple of days a go and love it. Problem is, and I've read this is a common problem, getting out of the Apple eco system. I plan on getting a galaxy note 5 real soon, but I am going to miss messaging from my mac, phone, and tablet. Is there any apps that can send sms synced on all those devices? I was looking at google hangouts. Anything will help. I'm really new to the android os.

Thanks,
Metall0099

I don't use it myself so can't personally vouch for it, but a lot of my contacts and friends swear by Pushbullet.

skinbubble

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Google Messenger or Textra for me. I switch back and forth every so often. I may have to try Hangouts as there are a few users here that say it is quite good.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I was using Google Messenger but recently switched to Hangouts, which I like since everything is in one place.

rotroman

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
what's the point of using whatsapp instead of just texting?

Which one does decent MMS and group messaging? That's all I really care about improving

Last edited by a moderator:

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I MISS BBM!

I deleted it because no one used it... So sad. I think it's the best messaging app for cross-platform devices (/mostly? Has WP been added yet; or has nothing come of that... ?)/in general; but yeah... No one seems to listen!
What do you mean no one uses BBM ???

There are 100,000,000 downloads of BBM in Google Play.

TenshiNo

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I used Handcent for years, but it seemed to get so bloated and slow that I had to find an alternative. Used Google's Messenger briefly, but ultimately landed on Textra and I love it. Gotten a few friends using it, too, and they tell me they love it as well.

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
I know lots of people didn't care for the stock sms of Lollipop/Marshmallow. However, I love it and that's what I use. Before I used Chomp. Loved it, too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ananui