05-18-2016 08:33 AM
28 12
tools
    Do you? I'm a bit of an OCD freak when it comes to phones, I kept changing phone cases and it chipped the metal on my s6 on the back (it's very minor, but still bugs me)

Posted via the Android Central App
    Morty2264 likes this.
    01-24-2016 02:38 PM
    Not since I put it into an Otterbox Defender. I've dropped it a few times (once screen-down) and haven't had any problem.

My wife is in the hospital and has a problem holding hers, so I put my damaged case (it won't clip into the holster properly any more, so they replaced it) on her phone for now.

It's a big case, it's not cheap (around $50), but if you can throw a phone against a sheetrock wall (Accident - don't ask) without damaging anything - even the wall - it's worth it. (Lifeproof cases are just as good - and waterproof.)
    01-24-2016 03:27 PM
    Not really. I'm pretty careful with my devices and I use tempered glass screen protector and a good drop protection case when I go out (slim case around the house). I also put my phone in Ziploc bags when I go to the beach.
    01-24-2016 03:41 PM
    No, I don't care, I just see them as tools/portals/devices, there are more important things I value in my life than a device. I got the thinnest case made for my G4, it's already too big for me and this is all it's going to get. I've dropped it a bunch of times and it's still ticking. If I break the phone I'll just get a new one, hopefully the new models will be out if that happens.
    01-24-2016 03:44 PM
    I don't know if I sell it because of the damage or just simply upgrade because of boredom.
    01-24-2016 04:39 PM
    As long as the phone's exterior is well and not bended or something like that.
    I'm using a good tough case with tempered glass. So my worries should be less.
    01-26-2016 03:38 AM
    Not since I put it into an Otterbox Defender. I've dropped it a few times (once screen-down) and haven't had any problem.

My wife is in the hospital and has a problem holding hers, so I put my damaged case (it won't clip into the holster properly any more, so they replaced it) on her phone for now.

It's a big case, it's not cheap (around $50), but if you can throw a phone against a sheetrock wall (Accident - don't ask) without damaging anything - even the wall - it's worth it. (Lifeproof cases are just as good - and waterproof.)
    I use an otterbox defender as well for my LG G3... Very useful! Dropped one time my phone on concrete... Nothing happens. If I have the phone without... I could have a cracked display or scratches on the phone.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    01-26-2016 03:48 AM
    Totally. As with everything I buy, I try my best to look after my things as much as possible.

I use a Cruzerlite Bugdroid Circuit case as demonstrated here on a Nexus 5 (a bit extreme maybe but worth a watch), then carried in a phone sock whilst in my pocket.
    01-26-2016 05:40 AM
    Yes! My mom always teases me about it; saying that she hopes I deliver the same kind of care to my future children, when I have them (years from now, of course - I am still a kid myself :P). But the way I see it: I spend hard-earned money on phones - I might as well take care of my investment. I start off with cases and then, after a month or so, grab a screen protector to ensure further protection. I rarely drop my phones; and when I do, I freak out. People will see me analyzing my phone for scratches; and yeah, it's a little obsessive... But again, this phone represents hours of hard work at my job, and so I want to keep it functioning and in good condition. Taking care of your technological devices is never a bad thing: you're protecting your investment and if you resell your phones, you know that their almost-pristine condition will result in better resale value.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-31-2016 02:04 PM
    Hope your wife is feeling better.

And agreed, with regards to the phone case!
    01-31-2016 02:07 PM
    Absolutely... I take care of all my things. I work too dam hard for what little $$ I have. a $600-700 phone is nothing to sneeze at. Now that I think about it, its the most expensive thing on my person that I carry every day. Second would be my platinum wedding band that was around $500... IIRC.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-31-2016 05:55 PM
    I don't know how people function without a case or screen protector. For me, that's playing with fire. With every new phone I get, I always get those things just to be on the safe side. Sometimes things happen, but I would rather not have a cracked screen or a very messed up body.
    flintlock likes this.
    02-01-2016 08:04 AM
    I've been using my S5 for 1 year without any casing. Dropped several times but no visible damage.

Idk if i should use a casing for my future S6 edge ( if i get it). I really wanted to feel the "premium" but afraid of getting scratches or shatters on it.

Posted with ❤Love❤
    02-01-2016 09:17 AM
    I don't mind some scratches on the back and sides. Scratches on the screen bother me, however I never use a screen protector and I don't remember the last phone that got a scratch on the screen
    02-01-2016 11:24 AM
    No. Just use a good phone case protector. Unless you're using it on a job like construction, etc. You'll be fine. Ever since iPhone first came out until now with my droid I've never damaged a phone. I never fall for the phone insurance scam.

Posted via Android Central App
    02-03-2016 05:33 PM
    I just make sure I have the glass screen protector to make sure I protect the screen. Otherwise I don't care about nicks and dents.
    02-23-2016 08:08 AM
    Not really, I don't like using a case at all. When Nokia was popular,it's tough. And now phones are getting thinner, but people cover them with cases. why hide the beautiful design ?
    02-25-2016 12:09 AM
    Not really, no case here, just a screen protector. I keep constant backups of my data, and my phone was used to begin with so if something happens, I'll just grab another on Swappa.
    03-04-2016 09:19 AM
    I only care when it's brand new. I'm careful enough that I don't drop my phones so cases just make them bigger. I don't even bother with screen protectors.
    03-14-2016 07:45 PM
    Yes! I'm OCD about my phone as well!

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-15-2016 12:13 PM
    I don't worry about damage; no extra case, no screen protector.
    I don't drop it or spill on it.
    I don't lend it to others.
    I certainly don't let little kids play with it.
    03-15-2016 02:54 PM
    I only care when it's brand new. I'm careful enough that I don't drop my phones so cases just make them bigger. I don't even bother with screen protectors.

I don't worry about damage; no extra case, no screen protector.
    I don't drop it or spill on it.
    I don't lend it to others.
    I certainly don't let little kids play with it.
    Wow. No screen protector is living on the edge for me!!
    srkmagnus likes this.
    03-17-2016 03:21 PM
    No, not at all. I sold all of my high-end/premium devices for a Moto G 3rd Gen and I couldn't be happier. With a few tweaks here and there it's now snappier than my Nexus6P and my iphone 6s ever was.

At £150, I don't worry if I drop it or scratch it. If I did need a replacement, I don't have to worry about finding £600 for a new phone. Happy days.
    srkmagnus and Inders99 like this.
    03-18-2016 05:30 AM
    yes, its really ugly if your phone has been scratched or damage, the reason why im not using my phone whithout any safety cover
    03-18-2016 11:34 PM
    I do, even little scratches.. It hurts seeing my phone drop
    05-17-2016 11:42 AM
28 12