What is the difference btw Android lollipop & Marshmellow?

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Would you please elaborate. What exactly does work in Lollipop but doesn't work in Marshmallow?

A quick visit to the G4 forums will clear that up real fast.

What's happened to my phone is not uncommon with this roll out:
Killed the battery life by 1/3
Hanging up on wifi, it takes a while to connect to sites via wifi
Settings mysteriously changing, to be honest I can't count how many settings have changed or change for no reason.
Bluetooth issues
Apps not loading properly

Some are reverting back to Lollipop, some are just trying to solve the issues one by one, some are doing FDRs which I object to doing. It's supposed to be an upgrade not a hassle.

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
A quick visit to the G4 forums will clear that up real fast.

What's happened to my phone is not uncommon with this roll out:
Killed the battery life by 1/3
Hanging up on wifi, it takes a while to connect to sites via wifi
Settings mysteriously changing, to be honest I can't count how many settings have changed or change for no reason.
Bluetooth issues
Apps not loading properly

Some are reverting back to Lollipop, some are just trying to solve the issues one by one, some are doing FDRs which I object to doing. It's supposed to be an upgrade not a hassle.

Its LG's fault not the marshmallow's fault. LG did too much changing to the original marshmallow. Now it's buggy all because of LG's fault. Marshmallow improves all device except LG's.

Posted with ❤Love❤

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Its LG's fault not the marshmallow's fault. LG did too much changing to the original marshmallow. Now it's buggy all because of LG's fault. Marshmallow improves all device except LG's.

Posted with ❤Love❤

I agree with this. Marshmallow on Nexus devices works very well, because it hasn't been modified and tweaked by other OEMs and carriers. That's where the majority of bugs get introduced.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I agree with this. Marshmallow on Nexus devices works very well, because it hasn't been modified and tweaked by other OEMs and carriers. That's where the majority of bugs get introduced.
Likewise, I haven't had any bugs on my Moto X Pure Edition with Marshmallow. Doze has improved the battery life for me.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

Posted with ❤Love❤

Is it LG or the carrier? In any case, it's just plain wrong for a supposed upgrade.

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Is it LG or the carrier? In any case, it's just plain wrong for a supposed upgrade.

Can be both. I always wait for few weeks after an update is available for my phone just to see if there is any complain and bugs. It's better to do some research first.

Posted with ❤Love❤

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Can be both. I always wait for few weeks after an update is available for my phone just to see if there is any complain and bugs. It's better to do some research first.

Posted with ❤Love❤

I tried to block it but I guess I didn't do it right :(

dtourond

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I have the LG G3 and being the impatient person that I am, I decided not to wait for LG to release MM for the G3 and instead, install CM 13 on my phone. It was already rooted and had TWRP installed, so it was a breeze to install.

I honestly like it better than LG's version of Android.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol