Hello everyone kinda new user here.

I've been using my iphone 5 for over 3 years now but finally the screen got almost off from the body of the phone so I'm currently looking for a new phone and I decided to give Android a try.

I'm looking for a phone that I'm going to use for at least 2-3 years as I did with my iphone 5. I'm mostly using the phone for mail-internet browsing - occasional gaming - spotify&podcasts etc so basic user nothing with too much demanding performance.

I want to buy unlocked phone because I do not like bloatware I do not like contracts and it's usually more expensive (since I'm single, I just use at&t go phone with 2 gb data and it is 40$ but if I go with contract I'd have to pay $55 for a single line with 2 gb).

Kinda stuck between Nexus 6p and Galaxy s7 edge.

Seems like nexus is the more stable and almost have as many features as galaxy. However, galaxy has the looks and extra features but I saw too many problems in the s7 edge sub-forum like sd card notification popping, cracked edges, not timely updates etc. And since s7 edge is not sold unlocked, my choices are buying from somewhere like e-bay, newegg or b&h, which I'm not sure would be a good thing with warranty and all.

So should I go with nexus 6p, the safe&sound phone that I can probably use for couple of years or should I go with unlocked galaxy s7 edge? I'm kinda scared that galaxy s7 edge would not last 2-3 years.

Sorry for the long post.
    03-25-2016 03:03 AM
    I am a Samsung guy all the way, currently have the S6. But based on what you have said. Your best bet between the 2 you have mentioned would be the Nexus 6p.
    toshig likes this.
    03-25-2016 03:20 AM
    I am a Samsung guy all the way, currently have the S6. But based on what you have said. Your best bet between the 2 you have mentioned would be the Nexus 6p.
    Thanks for sharing your opinion!

Anyone else?
    03-25-2016 04:43 PM
    I think you'll get more from your Nexus than you would from a Samsung. I've used a Samsung device (still do, as I have a tablet that is a Samsung) and if you want to avoid bloatware, then you should not opt for one, as they're full of bloat. IMHO.

Nexus 6P will receive more Android updates than the S7 too I'd believe from experience
    03-30-2016 06:51 AM
    Given those criteria, unlocked Nexus +1.

iOS is littered with bloatware. Apple fans don't actually call it bloatware... but thats essentially what all the apple junk in the unused folder is. IMHO in that aspect you'll be doing a complete 180 with an unlocked 6P. Next step from there would be to root it and actually delete the unused app program code from the drive.
    03-30-2016 10:41 AM