06-30-2016 12:19 PM
42 12
tools
    Just making a proud rant. I've made the switch to Android after many long years with Apple. I've owned every iPhone since the iPhone 3G.

After being a firm believer that Apple would make some amazing changes to their phones, I lost faith and I have switched sides.

I bought the S7E which is my first Android device...and I can honestly say I don't think I will ever go back. I love every single thing about it and makes me kind of upset that I've been missing out on so much.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-31-2016 02:32 PM
    Glad you liked it! It can be a traumatic experience for some when switching, but if you run into trouble, we're here to help! Enjoy your device (have one myself, and it is a very nice phone), and welcome to the world of Android!
    aximtreo likes this.
    03-31-2016 02:49 PM
    That's awesome. I go back and forth about getting an iPhone, but it's posts like this that remind me just how awesome android really is. Enjoy
    SpookDroid and quest7 like this.
    03-31-2016 03:04 PM
    Welcome to Android. My wife and 2 kids have iphones and they always keep asking me, gee how did you do that? Yup, all about customization. Used to be said that an iPhone is a 2 year old android. But with the galaxy S7 & S7 edge, it's a 3 year old android.

SpookDroid, badcat and jlarkins08 like this.
    03-31-2016 04:07 PM
    people are just always sold into the idea of iphone because the value of iphones declines relative slower compared to andriod and they want to maintain a certain status i suppose
    but honestly i had andriods for a long time and since my gs4 recently failed on me i switched to and iphone and i can't even tell you how much i miss customizing everything and really making the phone YOURS and different from the others.
    04-02-2016 05:42 AM
    Wow, why would you switch. Especially with the Galaxy S7 & S7 edge out. Even If you really want to switch, wouldn't you wait for the next iPhone due in a few months? Not tgat its going to come close to the latest androids.

Posted via Android Central App
    04-02-2016 09:20 AM
    Welcome to Android! The S7 edge is fantastic! Hope you continue to enjoy it!
    04-02-2016 09:34 AM
    Welcome! I too made the switch at the end of 2015'. Like it a lot. The only thing I miss a little is iMessage and its ability to be a text message platform across all apple on-line devices.... cellular or not. So long as its wifi connectable, iMessage works. Being surrounded by apple users in my family, its up to me to adjust to them. So far there is nothing in Android that will allow me to merge completely back into iMessage... and reach devices (ipads mainly) that do not have cellular activation. iMessage was the only aspect of apple that I liked... and IMHO they did that part of their borg eco-system right.

But thats a VERY minor nit-pick... and that one aspect is FAR outweighed by the 100's of other benefits Android offers over iOS.
    04-02-2016 10:56 AM
    To be honest I like both Android and iPhone but I would choose Android over iPhone if I had the chance
    04-04-2016 11:54 AM
    To be honest I like both Android and iPhone but I would choose Android over iPhone if I had the chance
    True, i like ios and android too! But i like android more at phones than ios. But for tablets, ipad is better than any android tablet i know. Ipad is a beast at performance and BATTERY LIFE!

Posted with ❤LOVE❤
    04-04-2016 10:10 PM
    Welcome! I too made the switch at the end of 2015'. Like it a lot. The only thing I miss a little is iMessage and its ability to be a text message platform across all apple on-line devices.... cellular or not. So long as its wifi connectable, iMessage works. Being surrounded by apple users in my family, its up to me to adjust to them. So far there is nothing in Android that will allow me to merge completely back into iMessage... and reach devices (ipads mainly) that do not have cellular activation. iMessage was the only aspect of apple that I liked... and IMHO they did that part of their borg eco-system right.

But thats a VERY minor nit-pick... and that one aspect is FAR outweighed by the 100's of other benefits Android offers over iOS.
    For the record, it IS possible to have one messaging platform to rule them all on Android. It requires at least one Nexus phone. Project Fi, with Hangouts for messaging, allows me to text people from my phone, computer or tablet. Depending on what tabs I have open (Gmail, G+) I could potentially be notified of new texts in 5 places when I'm at work (Gmail, G+, tablet, phone, watch). Oh yeah, the same applies to phone calls.
    04-05-2016 05:03 AM
    Honestly I like android phones. Iphones are overrated and very little changes in their upgrades.
    Glad you love android too.. Hope you will like the great apps available for a android.
    04-06-2016 06:33 AM
    I also just made the switch. Got the Galaxy S7 last night and have already changed so much, I love it! I've had iPhones since the 4 and havery refused switching, always under the impression that android was cheap, buggy, and cluttered. Maybe it's Apple just not keeping up with specs are growing a little stale, but the release of the S7 made me open my eyes to the possibilities thato can be had on Android. Like I said, one day of ownership and am loving it. However, as someone mentioned, the one thing I will miss is iMessage. I'm the odd man out out of mostly everyone I know so now I'll have to be the one making adjustments. But I think with all the customization and water-resistence it'll be a small price to pay
    JHStewart1023 likes this.
    04-07-2016 06:16 PM
    I've owned every iPhone since the 4 and let me tell you what this was worth the breakaway from iOS. I wish iOS would let us customise the way android does... but this phone out performs my 6s plus in almost everyway.... almost. But still I'm so happy with this decision, and my iPhone is now on swappa. I don't see myself going back to iOS anytime in the near future

Caped_Crusader likes this.
    04-08-2016 05:30 AM
    iPhone is a nice break to simplicity sometimes but honestly, a short break like that is not worth the expense. I've had the iPhone 4, 4s, 6plus. Was a die hard blackberry fan for a LONG time. Most of my posts are from crackberry. 95% I would say. I've had the droid incredible and Note 3. What Android won me over was the Note 4. I've converted to Android for good unless something else blows it out of the water.

Congratulations and welcome to the superior smartphone ecosystem.

no advertisements here.
    04-08-2016 05:16 PM
    Awesome profile pic Coraya. Branch Warren is a favorite of mine.

04-08-2016 06:36 PM
    Awesome profile pic Coraya. Branch Warren is a favorite of mine.

Thanks. Tried to get two of my favorite guys up there doing my favorite lift. Warren and Shaw.

no advertisements here.
    04-08-2016 08:08 PM
    Deadlifts ars always fun...even when they're not haha

04-08-2016 08:10 PM
    Just making a proud rant. I've made the switch to Android after many long years with Apple. I've owned every iPhone since the iPhone 3G.

After being a firm believer that Apple would make some amazing changes to their phones, I lost faith and I have switched sides.

I bought the S7E which is my first Android device...and I can honestly say I don't think I will ever go back. I love every single thing about it and makes me kind of upset that I've been missing out on so much.

Greetings! Hope you stay. 😊

04-08-2016 08:16 PM

I have the same dilemma I'm the blacksheep of the family... they're all in the IOS Ecosystem. I have yet to find anything compatible with imessage. But they'll have to deal with it. Lol. 😊

04-08-2016 08:22 PM

Welcome. And if you ever miss your iPhone just download iLauncher and it will give you your fix so you can stay on the good side, and never go back. I use it for time to time on my S6 when I'm having withdrawals lol.
    04-12-2016 05:54 PM
    The other bad thing is using Android with a MAC. Android File transfer is terrible... and thats putting it politely.

Cloud-remote storage is unreliable, and outside of AFT there is no way to just plug an Android phone into a macbook with a USB cable.
    04-12-2016 06:14 PM
    The other bad thing is using Android with a MAC. Android File transfer is terrible... and thats putting it politely.

Cloud-remote storage is unreliable, and outside of AFT there is no way to just plug an Android phone into a macbook with a USB cable.
    I believe thats just because if the Mac really, and. It so much because Android has terrible file transfer. I have both a mac and a PC, and I have issues transferring files onto my mac. I however have no issues transferring files on to my PC.
    04-12-2016 11:43 PM

Glad that you switched to android from IOS, if you still want to feel of ios dialer than you must install os9 call screen dialer app.
    05-02-2016 06:30 AM
    I just made the switch myself last month. I've been with iPhone since DAY 1! I was so behind them that I told myself everything else was garbage... That's when the Galaxy S7 Edge caught my attention. The curved display, those beautiful vibrant colors just rolling off the edges. I had to do some research. Huge battery, expandable memory, IP68 rated and this beautiful design. I was sold. Went into Verizon and made the switch, they made it painless for me thankfully.

When I got home, I must admit I was in shock. Android was so foreign to me that I didn't even know where to begin. I began digging through menus and settings trying to learn what this thing was capable of.

I'm hooked. I can't believe the level of control over your phone Android gives you. It's so open. I was blind but no more! I do miss a few things on iOS but this takes the cake. I may never go back. Glad I picked such a great device to break my Android cherry. Cheers everyone!!

Posted via the Android Central App on S7 Edge
    05-11-2016 12:28 AM
42 12