Tablet - more internal memory or USB On the Go?

thyde76

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking at getting a new tablet to replace my Nook HD. I use my tablet mostly for general tasks; email, web browsing, reading, minor gaming, Netflix and Hulu, Spotify; but I also use it at work when our network won't connect to sites. I'll also be using it for some Microsoft Office tasks. I don't need/want a large tablet, so an 8 inch screen is as big as I want to go; I want to be able to hold it in one hand to read. I'm also on a budget, so I really don't want to spend more than $200.

The two tablets at the top of my list are the NVIDIA Shield Tablet K1 and the Asus Zenpad S 8. From what I've read, the Shield is powerful and supports USB OTG allowing me to use a thumb drive or external hard drive to transfer files. The Asus has the 32gb internal storage making it easier to have more apps and store more files. A lot of files/tasks I could work on could be shared/transferred through the cloud making the external drive less important, but the OTG could be useful.

Both tablets have the micro-SD slot, so I can expand the memory.

I'll be getting a Bluetooth keyboard, so I won't need the OTG for that.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! MicroSD cards can store a ton of stuff these days, so the need for a USB flash drive via OTG would be relatively minimal. It's always a good idea to get as much internal storage as you can afford, because that's the important spec that determines how many apps you can install.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs