Why does Verizon now send multimedia SMS to my Gmail account? Can't turn it off!

redfishsc

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
This makes me want to break laws.

I cannot find how to stop my SMS message (multimedia-- meaning, photos and groups SMS) that show up in my Verizon Messages app from also being sent to my Gmail account. This is irritating as hell and I cannot find where to turn it off.

I've read a PILE of threads from 2013 or so that say I need to turn off "Sync SMS" on my Microsoft Exchange account, but I have no such "exchange account" listed under my phone's main "Settings:Accounts" menu.

It has been doing this for the past couple of weeks. Before, it didn't do any of this crap. It's happening to one of my coworkers who uses the same phone (Galaxy Note 4). But, he is rooted and running Cyanogen mod. I'm not rooted, running whatever the current stock OTA is for Verizon

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
This makes me want to break laws.

I cannot find how to stop my SMS message (multimedia-- meaning, photos and groups SMS) that show up in my Verizon Messages app from also being sent to my Gmail account. This is irritating as hell and I cannot find where to turn it off.

I've read a PILE of threads from 2013 or so that say I need to turn off "Sync SMS" on my Microsoft Exchange account, but I have no such "exchange account" listed under my phone's main "Settings:Accounts" menu.

It has been doing this for the past couple of weeks. Before, it didn't do any of this crap. It's happening to one of my coworkers who uses the same phone (Galaxy Note 4). But, he is rooted and running Cyanogen mod. I'm not rooted, running whatever the current stock OTA is for Verizon

What has Verizon suggested?

SandersJC1964

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Try going to Settings>Google>Connected Apps and see if the Message+ app is in that list and remove it if it is.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21