Screen Protector Questions

carlarcher

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
I bought a tempered glass screen protector.
> How does it adhere to the original screen? and can you remove it safely?
Thanks..

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks..

The protector is actually a laminate... the exterior facing side is, obviously, a sheet of tempered glass. But on the other side, it is bonded to a soft, sticky material, often silicone, that will both adhere to the screen without leaving a residue as well as provide a durable backing to keep the glass from cleaving off if it does break or shatter (much like a car windshield). Not to mention not marring the surface of the glass.

carlarcher

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Thanks LeoRex, I should be receiving it today or tomorrow. So far, been babying the phone so carefully not to scratch the screen because I like to carry it in the pocket without a case. (nothing else in the pocket like keys, loose change)

smithe24

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
Thanks..

I will not recommend you to use glass protector because it doesn't really protect the phone screen. I is too fragile. My personal experience with it is not so good.

Instead of this glass protector, I recommend shockproof protector. At the moment I am using it and totally satisfied.

k3u

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I prefer tempered glass over anything else. It gives you the OEM feel of the screen without sacrificing screen quality. It adheres to the screen and is definitely removable in the future if you ever wanted to take it off.

carlarcher

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for more replies, well the protector came and I installed it. It went well and the thing I like most is you can clean it without worries of eventually scratching the original screen.