What is your favourite launcher and why

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Still convinced that people who say Nova is the best haven't tried anything else. It doesn't do much more than TouchWiz, the icons are different and you change their sizes. Big whoop. Nearly everything else I've tried is better than Nova.

1. Action Launcher 3
2. Aviate
3. Google
4. Hola

Nova is probably number 6 or 7 for me. It doesn't offer nearly as much as people make it seem.

Posted via the Android Central App

Nova does 50 times what TouchWiz will do. There's more options and settings than any other launcher. I have tried every launcher on the market. Nova can hide your status bar and dock. You can make your status bar transparent. You can make your status bar have light or dark icons. You can uninstall an app from the home screen by long pressing on it's icon. You have many folder options. You can hide apps in the app drawer. You can change a folder to an icon so it does not look like a folder . You can swipe up on an icon as a gesture to open another app. You can have many different gestures on your home screen to open apps or perform other activities. You can apply different icons to your dock and your home screen at the same time. You can place widgets on your dock. You can place widgets in a folder. You can have up to five dock pages. You can have up to 7 icons in the dock and you can create folders on the dock. You can have up to 12 X 12 grid for your home screen. You can go into activities and change many settings without root that would usually require root access. You can change the color and size of the font on your home screen. You can have different colored fonts in your app drawer, and a different color font in your folders and a different color font on the home screen all at the same time. You can change the animation settings for your apps. You can change how fast your applications open. You can backup Nova settings and if you need to reset your phone you can put your home screen wallpapers icons and everything back like they were. I could write a small book on everything Nova Launcher can do.

Last edited:

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Nova does 50 times what TouchWiz will do. There's more options and settings than any other launcher. I have tried every launcher on the market. Nova can hide your status bar and dock. You can make your status bar transparent. You can make your status bar have light or dark icons. You can uninstall an app from the home screen by long pressing on it's icon. You have many folder options. You can hide apps in the app drawer. You can change a folder to an icon so it does not look like a folder . You can swipe up on an icon as a gesture to open another app. You can have many different gestures on your home screen to open apps or perform other activities. You can apply different icons to your dock and your home screen at the same time. You can place widgets on your dock. You can place widgets in a folder. You can have up to five dock pages. You can have up to 7 icons in the dock and you can create folders on the dock. You can have up to 12 X 12 grid for your home screen. You can go into activities and change many settings without root that would usually require root access. You can change the color and size of the font on your home screen. You can have different colored fonts in your app drawer, and a different color font in your folders and a different color font on the home screen all at the same time. You can change the animation settings for your apps. You can change how fast your applications open. You can backup Nova settings and if you need to reset your phone you can put your home screen wallpapers icons and everything back like they were. I could write a small book on everything Nova Launcher can do.

You're telling me that Nova has more options that Action Launcher? No way. You're only talking about aesthetics. You can do nearly everything you just mentioned in Action Launcher and more. Functionality is far above anything Nova can offer with shutters and gestures. Try something different. Nova is not the only thing that's out there.

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
I never stated anywhere that Nova Launcher has more options than Action Launcher. I was referring to the comment " It doesn't do much more than TouchWiz, the icons are different and you change their sizes. Big whoop." I did state that Nova has more options than any other launcher. In hindsight I should have said based on my observation Nova may have more options than any other launcher.
In my opinion Nova's the best launcher out there. I'm only 57, but I have tried everything on the market since the beginning of smartphones and launchers.
If someone thinks that Nova Launcher doesn't do much more than TouchWiz, that's their opinion.
I was just trying to show others that it Nova Launcher does do much more than TouchWiz.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I never stated anywhere that Nova Launcher has more options than Action Launcher. I was referring to the comment " It doesn't do much more than TouchWiz, the icons are different and you change their sizes. Big whoop." I did state that Nova has more options than any other launcher. In hindsight I should have said based on my observation Nova may have more options than any other launcher.
In my opinion Nova's the best launcher out there. I'm only 57, but I have tried everything on the market since the beginning of smartphones and launchers.
If someone thinks that Nova Launcher doesn't do much more than TouchWiz, that's their opinion.
I was just trying to show others that it Nova Launcher does do much more than TouchWiz.

Point made. I would take Nova over TouchWiz. Touchwiz is bleh.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Nova Prime. For its speed and bizarre amounts of customization.

Have it installed on every Android phone in the house.

(And maybe Action 3 as well)

Screenshot_20160528-150230.png Screenshot_20160527-214432.png Screenshot_2016-05-28-15-05-57.jpg Screenshot_2016-05-28-15-06-50.jpgIMG_2039.jpg IMG_2037.jpg