06-02-2016 05:36 AM
28 12
tools
    I would not click on that.
    I would find a way to ad-block it.
    -1 point for now. Thanks for being upfront! It means a lot!
    06-02-2016 03:27 AM
    I rarely click on any kind of ad. I can't even recall the last time an ad persuaded me to look further into a product/service. Word of mouth actually causes me to look at something closely. The fact that a friend even suggests service/product speaks louder than the most expensive ad during the Super Bowl.
    Yeah, word of mouth is the most powerful way. But as to a new app, have to admit that impressions means something, at least to me. The side-bar ads of the game called Stack by Ketchapp has been appeared to me for many times at first, and then it happened to be in an article I glanced at, that's when I decided to give it a try. p.s. normally I don't rely too much on game reviews.
    06-02-2016 03:40 AM
    So if this scam thing happen on your device a lot, would you consider other ads that pop up annoying as well? So that almost all of them become not-worth-reading?
    I have experienced too many of those pop-up ads.

On Android, it's even more annoying. You sometimes get randomly taken to websites that try to scare you into downloading malware or crapware by saying that your phone "has 999999 viruses!" or "You need to update System Launcher or your device will explode!" or other BS similar to those. Bear in mind, I have experienced that, especially on that one time where I was testing out an LG G3 that I literally unboxed 10 minutes ago.

I normally don't use ad-blockers, because I like to support my content creators. In fact, I'm even going to consider subscribing to YouTube RED and give some donations to my favorite content creators. However, if you're going to shove an ad down my throats, or attempt to scam me with a very obvious fake ad, then I'm sorry, but you deserve the adblock.
    GOLD APPS likes this.
    06-02-2016 05:36 AM
28 12