Do you use them at all

Sent from Blackberry Priv
    05-20-2016 06:01 AM
    None, I let Android manage memory and processes.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-20-2016 06:39 AM
    None. Most of them are just snake oil that will slow your phone down, fill it with adware and mine your data. I'm with Hallux, let Android manage memory and processes.
    Laura Knotek and hallux like this.
    05-20-2016 08:15 AM
    I don't use those either. Here is a good article that explains why they are unnecessary.

RAM: What it is, how it's used, and why you shouldn't care http://www.androidcentral.com/ram-wh...-shouldnt-care
    Javier P and hallux like this.
    05-20-2016 08:34 AM
    These optimization apps are all hold overs from the long ago days of Android where they were still working on getting the resource management right. Apps wouldn't properly close, you'd have runaway apps chewing up system resources, etc. But starting with... probably Ice Cream Sandwich I think... Android has done a much better job of keeping things in check and running properly.

RAM cleaners are the HORRIBLE... don't use them... I'd love for them to be removed from the Play Store all together. They do little other than degrade system performance in the long run. The other functions, like clearing cache files, or removing old, unused apps, you can do easily enough on your own without having to run some bloated app that most likely wants to serve you up some ads or install other bloated, messy apps.
    05-20-2016 09:04 AM
    Never, avoid those like the plague. They don't do what they say they are supposed to do, and they are a back door for malware, ad-ware, and serve as a spyglass for the developer to know your various forms of usage.

flashlight apps do the same thing.
    05-20-2016 01:50 PM
    None. Most of them are just snake oil that will slow your phone down, fill it with adware and mine your data. I'm with Hallux, let Android manage memory and processes.
    That is my impression as well. I am surprised to see so many high ratings. Only app I use is cc cleaner pro. This is the same program I use on pc. I find it useful to clean junk from my phone.
    05-21-2016 07:26 AM