I had a small chromebook when they first came out and it did a great job if you just wanted to surf the net. With android, it'll sync everything on your phone effortlessly just like apple. As a matter of fact, this could do a number on apple. I have to admit, I do love my macbooks. But the iPhone is a 3 year old android. I Just love the customization that we have over our android phones. Cant wait for this to happen. I'll definitely pick up another chromebook.

Posted via Android Central App
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-22-2016 11:43 AM
    Agreed. Fortunately, both of my Chromebooks are on Google's list of compatible units: https://support.google.com/chromeboo...rce=genius-rts
    05-22-2016 01:12 PM
    I never considered a Chromebook in the past, since I didn't feel that it would be useful with just the Chrome apps. Now that Android apps are coming to Chrome OS, I am interested in getting a Chromebook. It would be a great device to use on the go, since I could do almost everything I do on a Windows notebook without needing to be concerned about battery life.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-22-2016 01:17 PM
    Is there a definite timeframe for rolling this out?

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-22-2016 05:04 PM
    It certainly does open up a whole new world doesn't it. It'll never replace my MacBook since I run some heavy programs on it but I can see myself getting one. I'll give it some time to mature then jump in.
    05-22-2016 06:18 PM
    Time frame is mid june for 3 chromebooks. The latest pixel, asus, acer. The rest later on in the year.

Posted via Android Central App
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-23-2016 04:23 PM
    This is fantastic

With people using Smartphones, Phablets and small laptops more, Google could be on to something here.
    05-31-2016 03:04 PM
    I never considered a Chromebook in the past, since I didn't feel that it would be useful with just the Chrome apps. Now that Android apps are coming to Chrome OS, I am interested in getting a Chromebook. It would be a great device to use on the go, since I could do almost everything I do on a Windows notebook without needing to be concerned about battery life.
    Curious, Why isn't battery life be a concern on a chromebook? Is it because they are generally more power efficient or faster charging?
    06-01-2016 11:00 AM
    Curious, Why isn't battery life be a concern on a chromebook? Is it because they are generally more power efficient or faster charging?
    They have much larger batteries and most have lower resolution displays.. plus, not having an LTE radio running all the time saves power.
    06-02-2016 06:45 AM
    I bought a Asus Chromebook Flip recently without knowing this pipedream was so close to reality. I think this is a game changer. I'll keep my windows machines anchored at home but should be able to do almost anything I need to on my new chromebook while on the road.

Sent from my LG G4
    06-03-2016 01:17 AM